Funeral Intimations

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Re: Funeral Intimations

Postby bill » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Seeing as how this was first suggested on the 6th. January and as yet has not been implemented, it would seem that there has possibly been second thoughts.If this is in fact the case I would think that Gizmo's suggestion to be ideal .Make it a locked thread with a moderator,or someone who is willing, to post the funeral Intimations.

There has been discussions in the news about the despicable conduct of people, who for no reason delight in going on to such threads of condolence to leave vile messages which cause great distress to friends and relatives.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 am

Kintyre Forum News wrote:We are thinking of asking for local Funeral Intimations to be posted on the forum. However, before we do this we were wondering what the users of the forum's views on this are?

The concept would be to create a separate forum for the intimations to be posted. We also thought the area should be locked and threads can only be posted by Kintyre Forum News.

The original proposal was as some of you suggest. We'll ask again and see. We guess it needs support too so please do post if you think it is a good idea.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dunc99 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm

I would welcome the addition of Funeral Intimations to the forum. It would be great for those of us who have moved away.

I agree that it should be in a locked area of the forum. If anyone wants to comment, they can post as normal elsewhere.
dunc99
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby bill » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Kintyre Forum News wrote:
Kintyre Forum News wrote:We are thinking of asking for local Funeral Intimations to be posted on the forum. However, before we do this we were wondering what the users of the forum's views on this are?

The concept would be to create a separate forum for the intimations to be posted. We also thought the area should be locked and threads can only be posted by Kintyre Forum News.

The original proposal was as some of you suggest. We'll ask again and see. We guess it needs support too so please do post if you think it is a good idea.

Sorry,I did not go back to read the original post.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm

A funeral intimation forum has now been set-up at viewforum.php?f=68

Registered users and guests have read only access to this area and will not be able to post in this area.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 300968 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 am

I agree that it is a good idea to have a funeral intimation site. The only problem I find is that there is only 1 post on it and yet there are 4 cards in Wallies window. The thread is surely only relevant if it is kept up to date and all intimations posted??
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 am

300968 wrote:I agree that it is a good idea to have a funeral intimation site. The only problem I find is that there is only 1 post on it and yet there are 4 cards in Wallies window. The thread is surely only relevant if it is kept up to date and all intimations posted??

We haven't received any more intimations so hence the reason why there has been no further updates made. One family last week didn't want the intimation to be posted and I am sure there will be others who are uncertain of term "posting on the internet". We also believe the Funeral Directors have registered themselves so they can post the intimation directly instead of waiting on us - we just updated their permissions to ensure they can post to this area.

I agree with regards the relevance and will chase up now.

Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dunc99 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Why is there only one intimation posted?

Is there a problem with this concept? Who is responsible for adding the intimations, is it the funeral directors?

I am very disappointed that this idea has not been followed through.
dunc99
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby bill » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 am

Two years and still only the one funeral intimation . Obviously the idea was a good one, but has not been carried through.

Possibly time to remove from the forum ?
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 6347Karl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 pm

I to think that this is a good idea, but just name,dates and funeral details is all that is needed, if people really want to they can send sympathy cards the old fashioned way, but think that the minimum details on here would be sufficient.
6347Karl
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bill » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:36 am

Four years and counting.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Admin3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Yes, sad this never worked. Really think there is a place for it as easy to miss and a historical record.

Which reminded me to remove the Funeral Intimation forum as only one post. Shame, perhaps one day.
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bill » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Admin3 wrote:Yes, sad this never worked. Really think there is a place for it as easy to miss and a historical record.

Which reminded me to remove the Funeral Intimation forum as only one post. Shame, perhaps one day.

Yes agreed, but it was always sad to see just the one post year after year. Thanks for finally taking it down.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues