Antony Gormley - Saddell Bay

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Re: Antony Gormley - Saddell Bay

Postby Lussa » Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 am

Agree with you Pete , completely. It's nothing more than trash.
Lussa
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby petewick » Mon May 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Cheers Lussa, even although I don't live in Saddell I have a huge connection with the place, I've seen myself going up for the day during the summer months and actually sleeping out on the shore, fell totally at peace there, not sure if it's to do with my ancestors buried at the abbey or just the memories Mum shared.
I realistically don't see what cultural, social or spiritual benefit this lump of rusting pig iron brings to the area.
There are hundreds of visitors to Saddell on a yearly basis, they enjoy the bay, the atmosphere just how it is.......why can't the powers that be just leave things alone, or plant a tree or a small forest, something pretty and beneficial.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tarmmaker » Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

We went down to Saddell today, and I must say some of the negative comments on here astonish me. We went especially to see the sculpture and were surprised how well it fitted the landscape. Hardly Angel of the North. The sun catching the different facets was beautiful. From the main beach it is hardly noticeable. It just looks like someone on the rocks. The side view shows the figure has its hands behind its back and such a natural, relaxed pose as if enjoying the peace the same as we were. Hard to believe it's steel. Hard to believe it has caused so much controversy.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Lussa » Mon May 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Cheers Pete; your post is great to read ; it's good that people can open their heart and soul and family history on the forun with different opinions. God bless you this night and each day.and everyone on the forum . Good night, God bless.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"
Lussa
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues