Westport car park

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Postby Jeanette » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:11 am

Davie P wrote:Don't want people starting to think this site is causing trouble!

The councillors read this board and I am sure they will realise when they read the thread from the start that it is an observation by you. It is after all Local News and Issues.

Rory Colville has e-mailed back to say

"the chips will be gone in ten days, weather permitting"
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:28 am

Maybe it was a "clerical error" that caused the grass in Keil graveyard to be near knee height.....

St Columba Conventicle on last night, great weather, over 100 folk, many from outwith the area......graveyard grass a disgrace...... a real shame...

I know the cooncil have lots to attend to and I am not really criticising but, a real shame..............

My ancestors will be turning in their graves!
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:12 pm

That's good news. Was it just the chips at Westport he was referring to or the ones at Peninver too?

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

chips

Postby Jeanette » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:07 pm

Garry

He didn't say anything other than what I wrote. If he is at the community council meeting tonight I will ask him about peninver. The local councillors take it in turn to attend and I am not sure who will attend tonight. Is there anything else you would like brought up.?

Jeanette
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

chips

Postby Jeanette » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:03 pm

Hopefully a wee bit about this in the courier this week. "won't happen again"
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Peninver

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 pm

This was e-mailed to me under the subject heading of Tourism in Kintyre

and the text "here is another example at peninver where they have only got the car park back in order after major works-and now it is a chip dump!"

Again, just for your information! :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: chips

Postby Kintyre Lad » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:18 pm

Jeanette wrote:Garry

Is there anything else you would like brought up.?

Jeanette

Yes - what is happening to Kinloch Green - it is a mess and an absolute eyesore. When is the pitch available to use again etc?

I thought the CC were going to post about meetings on here so questions etc can be asked?

Where are the minutes held etc?

What are the main aims and objectives of the CC?
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

ccc

Postby Jeanette » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:38 pm

The community council meets every second monday of the month and the public can come along if they want. I understood that nancie was going to post the agenda on here every month but not so far as I can see. I am sure she will be able to answer any questions you have. I am sorry that I was unable to ask about Kinloch green bacause the meeting was on monday past

Jeanette.
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:24 pm

If it was a clerical error that the chips were dumped at Westport why then is it that the same error was aloud to continue to fill the entire car park. When i started this thread there was only a couple of piles of chips. It must have been some error for all the other car park in this part of kintyre to get filled with chips aswell..... :evil: ..not the best of messages to tourist in the area who only want to park there cars up and saviour the beautiful scenery that we have to offer.
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

chips

Postby bubbly jock » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:44 pm

Maybe the powers that be don't want room in the car parks for tourists if they are only savouring the view.

No room to park, they then head for the town and spend some money, not like the surfers who bring their own tins of tesco beans to do them all weekend.

I am bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby jimmy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:26 pm

shouldn't listen to gossip and hearsay jock. Many surfers along with other breif visitors to the area stock up with supplies locally.
jimmy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

beans

Postby bubbly jock » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:01 am

Aye, see you jimmy, the name is bubbly jock but you can call me Mr bubbly

Jock is not on. Conjures up too many connotations of kilts sporrans, shortbread, bochans and jimmy's.

And how do you know that they didn't buy their tesco beans in maryhill or are you the personel shopper for the surfers chip park at westport?

bubbly
bubbly jock

Re: beans

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:27 am

bubbly jock wrote: And how do you know that they didn't buy their tesco beans in maryhill or are you the personel shopper for the surfers chip park at westport?

So all the surfer are fromMaryhill then? :lol: Even that famous bonne lassie :?: So that is where the players of the mighty PTFC were hiding last season - at Westport with their beans! :shock: 8)

On another note, Jeanette and Nancie, if you wish, I can set-up a separate web page for the CC where Agendas and Minutes etc can be posted. As Kintyre Lad says it would be good to see what is being discussed - perhaps you feel this may be opening yourself up to be shot at but at least anyone who bothers about the community (but doesn't have the time to get involved with the CC) can raise questions and concerns etc :?:

Anyway, back to bed :idea:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jimmy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:44 pm

Ok Bubbly,

Answer Yes or No. Have you ever bought any item, food or otherwise outside the town that could have been bought in Campbeltown.

Answer Yes and your a hypocrite.
Answer No and your a liar.
jimmy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Nancie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:22 am

I've been away for a few days and have just picked up on the comments re the community council. Minutes and agenda are available from the council offices in Dell Road. The agenda is posted in the window of the Town Hall. Both Jeanette and I mentioned the meeting last Monday and I repeated all very welcome to attend. No one appeared apart from the chairperson of KRAP, Mrs Ellis and her husband, who attend every meeting.

I think it's a good idea to advertise the minutes and agenda on the site. There is absolutely nothing to hide. I hope everyone saw the advert in the Courier last week for vacancies on the community council. There are five vacancies - two in East Central Kintyre and three in Campbeltown Central. Information regarding this is available from Elizabeth Kelly at the Dell Road office, telephone 552366. Nomination papers will require a proposer, seconder and three assenters and they must all live in the sub area in which the candidate lives. Anyone requiring assistance with a nomination form is welcome to contact me. I have a copy of the elecoral roll which candidates will require for completing their form.

Nancie
Nancie
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Local News and Issues