Make Poverty History

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Make Poverty History

Postby TYM » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:58 pm

I am running a coach to the Make Poverty History Rally in Edinburgh on 2nd July on a personal basis - nothing to do with my business. Names will be on a first come first served basis. Please phone 01586 810 190 after 6.30 pm or e-mail me tommy.gstravel@tarsc.net. Departure time will be 5:30 a.m. and cost £15 although this can be reduced if there is a full bus.

Pick-ups will be made at Tarbert, Ardrishaig, Lochgilphead adn Inveraray and all points in-between.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Strike back at Mugabe

Postby Peter Dow » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:30 pm

Strike back at Mugabe
Hundreds of thousands of Zimbabwean people have been evicted from their homes by Mugabe’s police and then those houses bulldozed and some children inside crushed to death.
Not only that but other African governments shamefully refuse to condemn this outrage, (BBC: Africa rejects action on Zimbabwe) the latest in a series of attacks on the freedoms of the people of Zimbabwe.
Make this history
Picture of torture victim. BBC: Zimbabweans fight on two fronts

Well if we are really going to make poverty history in Africa then we need to make rotten dictators like Mugabe history too.
It is time to defend the people by striking back at this dictator.
Mugabe did not heed the warning message of suspension from the Commonwealth. So be it.

There is only one language that fascist dictators like Mugabe understand - the language of military force.

Britain and America should give heart to the defenceless people of Zimbabwe and rally the opposition to Mugabe by leading limited military strikes against Mugabe.

This could take the form of missile strikes against Mugabe’s palaces, hopefully catching him at home. Let’s see if Mugabe is killed when his house is knocked down. If he survives that then we could follow up with more comprehensive air strikes if necessary.

Hopefully if we strike back at Mugabe then that will give heart to the African people to fight back against this ruthless dictator.

Well of course it would be nice to get prior Commonwealth and UN backing for such strikes. However, we have seen with ousting Saddam that it is necessary for leading nations to act anyway and pick up the legal pieces afterwards.

Oh and we should not be welcoming complicit African heads of state, like Thabo Mbeki, the South African “president”, to G8 in Scotland either.
Friends of Mugabe, like Mbeki, should not be welcomed by those who wish to make poverty history.

We should thank Kate Hoey MP for speaking out so bravely on the Zimbabwean crisis. BBC: Blair pressed on Zimbabwe stance
Of course, the UK royalist, fascist police state should stop the deportations of Zimbabwean asylum seekers. (BBC: UK Zimbabweans on hunger strike ... Rethink urged on Zimbabwe asylum ... Zimbabwe lives 'won't be risked')

Click here to read this on my Scottish National Standard Bearer website

- Peter Dow
Peter Dow
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Corruption in Africa

Postby oorly gourlay » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:41 pm

I gave up donating to African charities after Live Aid when I saw that it made not one bit of difference in the long term. The only answer to poverty in the majority of African countries is too get rid of the corrupt, despotic rulers who are lining their pockets at the expense of their poor and depressed people. Every time that there is a coup d'etat and a new leader takes over you hope for improvement but the successor, once he has condemned his predecessor for his corruption, usually is worse than the previous incumbent.
Stop aid? The poor and starving get worse!
Remove the leaders? They live in protected luxury in exile with their Swiss bank accounts.
I would love to have the answer but I do not think there is one. :!:
As far as Zimbabwe is concerned, the garden and Crown Prince of Africa goes and not forgetting the mineral wealth, Robert Mugabe is the West's answer to Joshua N'komo. Enough said :!: and at least 10 times worse. Geldof GTF :twisted:
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local News and Issues