Southend Highland Games

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Southend Highland Games

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:07 pm

I have been asked by the Chieftan :roll: to remind everyone that there is NO dance or ceilidh in Southend tonight after the Games......

All welcome at the main event but NO dancin' efter......

:cry:

Spread the word
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:56 pm

I was at the Highland Games tonight and was hanging around the at the end close to where the prizes were getting handed out.

One contributor to this forum, Joe Ruesgen, got a few and I must say, a more gracious, polite and nice fella it would be hard to meet...... yep......

DavieP himself, and other forum members, were there too..........I wonder if Mumphys Mum made it down or if Amron was there......... I dont know Amron but somehow feel I should..............
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:41 am

Aye - the good old games. Quite a crowd right enough there - largest I 've seen in many a year. Well done to all involved! :lol:

I've got a scatter of photos but here is one showing the line up for the mens' 400 yards. Young Joe is third from left with some dodgy characters in the background! Especially yon bald chap wae the microphone! :lol: :wink: Don't quite know whyat young Mark is checking (or is he praying!) Anyway, Matthew Turner won this beating Mark Barrett on the home straight with Joe third.

I've a scatter of photos but its too late. I need to try and find a quicker way to publish them but can't quite figure out how!

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

joseph

Postby Jeanette » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:58 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote: One contributor to this forum, Joe Ruesgen, got a few and I must say, a more gracious, polite and nice fella it would be hard to meet...... yep.

It's all in the rearing Gen :) A perfect gentleman

Davie thanks for the info I didn't hear how he got on. Now I know

Jeanette
Last edited by Jeanette on Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:02 am

Actually, I have found a quicker way to do this which will save lots of time to load on photos.

NOt as good quality but does the job quickly - alot of general photos on here but you get the idea!

Anyway,

http://www.visitkintyre.info/images/sou ... index.html
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:16 am

[quote="Davie P"] Young Joe is third from left with some dodgy characters in the background! Especially yon bald chap wae the microphone! :lol: :wink: quote]

DavieP, I think you will find that "gently receding" is the term the chap concerned likes using :wink: :lol:
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:45 am

Yes 4th Gen - if the honourable gentleman knew I said that I would be fodder feed! :shock: But I knows he gets wound up about it :wink:

But eh, he shouldn't complain - I hope I have that much hair when I am 47!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MumphysMum » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:35 am

4th Gen, so sorry to have not got to the games last night, da and I had a trip out round the learside and got there at 8.30, but we didn't stop - amron was there, she passed us just as da and I arrived at Southend!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:43 am

f.f.f 47!!!! that gentleman would be rippin' if he knew folk were thinking he was f f f 47......naethin' lake it :roll:

Sorry I missed you MM you passed pretty close to this ferm on yer run right enough!

Must have seen Amron but of course have no idea what she/he! looks like
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MumphysMum » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:45 pm

4th Gen, as da and I passed the ferm, I told him I thought it was yours, so if you're out the front next time we're passing, I'll say 'hi' - not sure if I'm coming up in August, but I'm back up in September for a few days. I wish I'd been able to get to the games because it would have been good to meet a few folk. I've met Davie so I'm sure he would have pointed you folks out to me. As for Amron, you possibly do know her, but just so you know, we're first cousins. I'll leave it to Amron to divulge her identity to you!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DOUBLE A » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:16 pm

DavieP, I think you will find that "gently receding" is the term the chap concerned likes using :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Jees, that big tall lad in the photo standing to the left of the gent with the " gently receding " hairline looks as though he might have been naw bad at the suthen games ower the years although he may struggle against the young pups these days :wink:
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby amron » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:51 pm

Had a good time at the games but left when the midges were hungry and hubby couldn't get a beer. :(

Just back from exploring across the water camping and no midges :)

Passed MumphysMum on our way home (see you in Sept) 8)
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local News and Issues