World Cup

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: World Cup

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Bad luck Bill, you're a tenner down. The best team definitely won!!!!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Yer havin a laff G.G .The spaniards never won the world cup an English referee gave it to them.That corner cost Holland the game and if FIFA does not introduce video tec after some of the refereeing mistakes in this world cup ,then they are worse than the refs they use and every country should boycott them until they do.The ref who missed the english goal that was over the line was sent home and will never ref a FIFA game again ,what punishment will the ref who allowed that to happen tonight get .
Answers on a postcard please.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Frosty » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Howard Webb, Michael Mullarkey and Darren Cann worked brilliantly as a team last night.

There was huge tension in the game , right from the start when it became apparent to everyone that the Dutch had a plan.
That was to stop Spain playing their passing game at all costs.The game was close to boiling over a few times , however Howard kept it under control with the correct use of the tools at his dispossal.
He tried his best to let the game flow , however Holland wanted a stop - start match.
Yes , it was a corner , but there is, nearly , a 100yds to travel to the other goal line!
Yes the Red Card was correct for Heitinga , and yes De Jong should have been booked and shown the Red Card earlier , however all other desisions were absolutely spot on.

At the end of the match , the best Team , in football terms , won and the goal was scored by one of the best players in the tournament.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Add to that Puyal should have had a second yellow card for his challenge on Robben when he had a second chance at the goal and the fact that if Holland had been given a corner and may have scored ,then you may be half right .The Spaniards were at least that distance down the park while Holland were still shouting for a corner and had no chance of defending it .UNFAIR DECISION .No matter how many cards the dutch got Webb and his sidekicks got it wrong at the most important time of the match.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Frosty » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:49 pm

The attempted challenge on Robben , the second time he managed to breach the Spanish defense , was unsuccessful!
Robben failed to score due to his lack of skill , just like his first attempt , plus good goalkeeping , not because of a poor Refereeing decision. No foul was committed , therefore the Dutch player was not cautioned.
Howard Webb did not commit a single foul during the entire match ! However there were a few others who did and I think they were all dealt with ,according to the laws of the game. in the correct manner.

The decision not to award a corner kick has been proven to be incorrect , I agree that it was made at a very important time in the game.
The realisation , on the field of play , was immediate for all the players in both Teams . His signal for a goal kick was apparent for all to see.
Once that decision was made then the players should return to their relevant positions preparing for play to restart.
The rest is history !

fROSTY
Last edited by Frosty on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 pm

blueboyno1 wrote:Answers on a postcard please.

Frosty has done it perfectly well for me Blueboy!!!!! :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 pm

So Frosty you do not think that the refs decision not to award a corner did not cost the dutch at least a chance of a goal ?
and why is the dutch coach claming the challenge on Robbens was a foul ,he was i think a lot closer than either of us,Mr two faced Hanson nearly said as much after the match .if the ref was so alert by not awarding a foul then why was he not equaly as alert by not awarding the corner.That ref was out to make a name for himself with the amount of cards he dished out and he sure did that .I think we should agree to disagree on this one as no matter what i think you obviously think different.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Frosty » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 am

Howard Webb was a lot closer to the incident than the manager of Holland , you and I have the benefit of replays!
We could clearly see that the attempt to foul Robben was unsuccessful. He went staight through and failed to score.

Come on blueboy no 1 , even Johan Cruyff has stated that a couple of the tackles , performed by the Holland Team , were so bad that they hurt him?

The final was a let down , in Footballing skills.
The third place play off was a much more exciting and enjoyable match , I certainly enjoyed it more than I did watching the final.
Yes we can agree to disagree , I thank you for plus respect your views and opinions.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat