Neil Lennon

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Neil Lennon

Postby joe_ruesgen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Not to get on his case too early, but a dismal performance and elimination out of Europe all together, should he really be in charge of the team? I was always a little skeptical of him as a head coach simply due to his inexperience and I think that is what cost him tonight. A more experienced manager would have went for negative tactics and closed the game out. Maybe I am a little boring and negative here, but I know that Martin O'Neill would have got us through that tie tonight. He may be a good man-manager and be good at "getting his players up for the game" (I am assuming this is the type of manager he is from his playing days), but to get through ties like this we need a smart and tactically savvy coach. I just feel we never really pursued another coach enough and sadly can't see Lennon being the head coach after Christmas.

...and why is it that our coaches, who were defenders/defensive players, can't coach us to keep clean sheets? (i.e. Tony Mowbray)

...also feel we need another goalkeeper, Zaluska is not good and he should be expected to make at least a couple great saves to keep some of those shots out (I understand 2 were penalties). Boruc had his blunders, but was also prone to producing some magic which I have not seen Zaluska do yet.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Neil Lennon

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 pm

M.O. is a looney ! He's a nutter; can't look the camera in the face, talk's more s--t than Gordan S-----n.....so why on earth would you want someone like that to run your club ? He jist talks verbal diarrhoeah...give the new man a chance before you crucify him... ye neer know; fitba 's a funny gem, yeh ?
Last edited by DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby joe_ruesgen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 pm

DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. wrote:M.O. is a looney ! He's a nutter; can't look the camera in the face, talk's more s--t than Gordan S-----n.....so why on earth would you want someone like that to run your club ? He jist talks verbal diarrhoeah

Don't really care about his interview skills, as long as he gets results on the pitch...but yes, he is full of poo. I would take him back any day, great coach who has certainly proved it.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 pm

I appreciate your concerns and frustrations about Celtic , but surely this is the time when you have to show your colours and total support together for your club and new manager, and if you do, you'll never walk alone.
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby joe_ruesgen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Totally agree with you, just venting my frustrations. Results in the league will need to continue and have a commanding lead at the top of the league otherwise Lennon will be getting a P45 for Christmas. Just worried as it now puts an added pressure on the team to perform.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:03 am

DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. wrote:M.O. is a looney ! He's a nutter; can't look the camera in the face, talk's more s--t than Gordan S-----n.....so why on earth would you want someone like that to run your club ? He jist talks verbal diarrhoeah...give the new man a chance before you crucify him... ye neer know; fitba 's a funny gem, yeh ? At least G.S. had an Aberdeen sense of humour that appealed to Celtic fans; especially the joke about the yoghurt !!

MO may be a looney but he gets the best out of what he has. Lennon is making the same mistakes as Mowbray and trying to buy a team. Build it round Scottish and generally British players and you will do alright. Look at the team tonight. How the feck is anyone supposed to understand Brown as captain!

Celtic

* 24 Zaluskayellow card
* 04 Juarez (Ki Sung-Yeung 65)
* 05 Majstorovic
* 06 Hooiveld
* 11 Cha Du-Ri
* 08 Brownyellow card (Maloney 51)
* 16 Ledley
* 33 Baram Kayalyellow card
* 09 Samaras (McCourt 72)
* 10 Fortune
* 49 Forrest
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby joe_ruesgen » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 am

Haha, that's a great shout! And I remember Neil Lennon a couple weeks ago said that he was in the market to buy British players. Think it is the right idea though, just we need some more quality British talent - we should be loaning players from Arsenal, United, Chelsea, etc. I know loan deals are not a long term solution, but we might end up signing one or two of them and would give us that fighting spirit that we need in the team.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:30 am

Same mistake as City
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 am

joe_ruesgen wrote:Haha, that's a great shout! And I remember Neil Lennon a couple weeks ago said that he was in the market to buy British players. Think it is the right idea though, just we need some more quality British talent - we should be loaning players from Arsenal, United, Chelsea, etc. I know loan deals are not a long term solution, but we might end up signing one or two of them and would give us that fighting spirit that we need in the team.

United have loaned Diouf to Blackburn and he has scored a hat-trick for them.
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 am

Just had a look at the league tables and noticed Celtic have not conceeded a goal yet...think the new man must be doing something right !
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bill » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:48 am

DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. wrote:Just had a look at the league tables and noticed Celtic have not conceeded a goal yet...think the new man must be doing something right !

I know you said in the league,so as long as you forget the six conceded in European competition you could be right. :roll:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I also noticed that Stenhousemuir have only won 1 game out of 5 played !
DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC.
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bill » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 pm

DENIS.THE.TRUE.MANC. wrote:I also noticed that Stenhousemuir have only won 1 game out of 5 played !

still not in the play off zone...

COME ON THE WARRIORS.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat