Alan Mcgregor

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm

don't blame me, thats how printed in the papers i read and how commentators pronounce it, i did always think he was related to scarlet, kelly marie and bob.

besides its the goalie we're talking about and it was as confident a display as i've seen from a goalie under as much pressure as they were, for a long time, came for everything, caught everything within reach and dealt with the ones that weren't, a worldclass display, not an exaggeration, he's been doing that week in week out, how he manages with al the shagging he is supposed to be doing i don't know.

stick my neck out for a man utd & rangers double/ double, as long as they keep norman wisdom on the bench from now on, only to be used for last 20 mins of games.
general jack o'niell

Postby Reidiboy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:47 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:how he manages with al the shagging he is supposed to be doing i don't know.

:P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :shock:
I am not completely useless............................... I can be used as a bad example!
Reidiboy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The modfather » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:04 am

Reidiboy wrote:
general jack o'niell wrote:how he manages with al the shagging he is supposed to be doing i don't know.

:P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :shock:

hes blue
hes white
he'd "blooming" well shag yer wife

Alan mcgregor
Alan mcgregor
8)
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 am

daftdog wrote:Hate to point out the flaw in your logic Ninja, but Werder Breman have scored 13 goals in the Champions league, 6 in the uefa cup and 51 goals in the Bundesliga.. hardly a duff team and strike force..

As for the shots straight at him.. he still held everyone of them.. and some of them were hit with a fair bit of power behind them.

His overall display earned the right to take a bow as The modfather says..

Maybe his team "bloo" is a little light for you :wink: If he was in the Dark Blue of the national team what would your opinion of his performance have been :?: :wink: :wink:

Dont get me wrond Paul, I think he is a good keeper but thats it, just good, he is nowhere near international class just yet, but he will be some day.
I stand by what I said earlier, poor striking does not make a keeper world class.
But if your a Gers fan and you want to believe in him, then you carry on, I have absolutely no objections.
To me he is as over rated (at the moment) as Gary Caldwell is (all the time).
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:36 am

general jack o'niell wrote:stick my neck out for a man utd & rangers double/ double, as long as they keep norman wisdom on the bench from now on, only to be used for last 20 mins of games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I see you still cant find the right balance of your pills morris, you always could pull a good joke out the hat.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:39 am

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:I only really saw the second half, in which I thought he had a good game, one particular world class save :shock: but what was going on with his kicking :? :?

I thought he was doing it to waste time, not a bad tactic if he was.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:52 am

I like McGregor and certainly think he deserves half if not the complete game against Croatia.

I've felt like this for some time, but I would put him in ahead of Gordon. :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:55 am

novo was never winning the big punts up the middle, ball was coming right back at him, i thought it was deliberate so the defence could regroup? he couldn't have accidently booted it out in the same spot so many times.

still it matters not, they won, which is more than any of the english teams managed, what was with the jenas penalty? even my daughter called where he was putting it and she had only glanced up from the laptop as he was about to take that stupid two step run up, i saw peter mcCloy on telly the other night, he would still be able to move quick enough to save it
general jack o'niell

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:11 am

daftdog wrote:Hate to point out the flaw in your logic Ninja, but Werder Breman have scored 13 goals in the Champions league, 6 in the uefa cup and 51 goals in the Bundesliga.. hardly a duff team and strike force..
:

He didnt say they were a duff team, he said they were off form. The main striker has just come back from a double kidney transplant, so hes at least got an excuse. Any team that loses 6-3 to Stuttgart after the season theyve just had has got to be considered off form.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Every shot hit straight at Mcgregor last night, was greeted with the same 5 words, (what a save by mcgregor). :shock:
He,s good, but not that good that he should take a bow. :o
Lets wait and see how well he does when he,s put under some real pressure, like in the final if they get there, and I dont mean Sunday,s against Dundee utd. :lol:

Real pressure!! He was under it for 90 mins on Thursday. Agree with Davie P --he should get the nod v Croatia. Craig Gordon's getting to used to picking the ball oot the net with Sunderland.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:56 pm

McGregor really does look the part .......in the papers every Sunday as well!
I suppose confidence means a lot to a goalie and McGregor certainly has that now. And so he should. As Rab said, Gordon must be getting used to and fed up with picking the ball out the net.......BUT, I always thought a goalie in a poor team gets more practise...more shots and crosses and "situations" to deal with. Maybe Burley will give him the full game.

To change the subject a bit.....it looked to me as if Jenas was going to miss his penalty for Spurs and as for yon Chembonda.......his effort was pathetic and I am sure he did not care. he made such a thing of getting away from Spurs in January and said he had no loyalty to or feelings for the club or his team mates,
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:02 pm

I didn't say he said they were a duff team Juan. My post was pointing out the attacking exploits of Werder Bremen this season. I think they may had more shots on target than Barcelona did at home against Rangers as well.

In my opinion, McGregor played a blinder. His positioning was excellent, his total overall command of his area was perfect.. i think he only made one error the whole match, when he went to make a punch and stopped. And Werder are not a team off form. I watched the Stuttgart 6 - 3 Werder Bremen match and the scoreline doesn't truly reflect the actual game, as Werder played well, but it was a totally open game, end to end stuff.

In my opinion, McGregor has been the most consistent keeper in the SPL this season so far. His overall performance and attitude during games is second to none. However, i can't say whether he should get the nod for the Croatia game, as i've not seen Gordon perform since he went to Sunderland, however from what i read, he has performed really well and has made the difference between a beating and a hammering in a few matches. I would give both keepers a full match each in the next two friendlies. Who against who, is up to George.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:22 pm

fair does mr dog. Just to point out though, I realised after writing it that my post might look deregatory towards Rangers. Whether Bremen are on top form or not, it doesnt matter. Rangers still did very well to reach this stage and have already surpassed my expectations, so congratulations go to them.

PS i wouldnt be congratulating them if i was in the country tho.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Big story in the mail today, Cuellar is confident the gers will win the lot this year, the quadruple. I will say they are the only team in Scotland that can do it, but I will also say, they have no feckin chance.
This is not just because im a bhoy, its because they are not good enough, nuff said.
No reply to this is required, because I dont care what you think, just like you dont care what I think.
C,MON THE ARABS.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The modfather » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Big story in the mail today, Cuellar is confident the gers will win the lot this year, the quadruple. I will say they are the only team in Scotland that can do it, but I will also say, they have no feckin chance.
This is not just because im a bhoy, its because they are not good enough, nuff said.
No reply to this is required, because I dont care what you think, just like you dont care what I think.
C,MON THE ARABS.

i would love it, love it, love it to bump this thread up in may
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat