What your views on artur boruc?

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

What your views on artur boruc?

Postby The modfather » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Personally, i feel the man is a media craving attention whore. In an age where not only the sfa but as far as uefa and fifa are doing all within their power to erradicate "sectarianism" from the scottish game, this walloper pulls this number out the bag.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8043/boruc3wh8jv6.jpg Click link if you havent seen it or want to see it again

The t shirt alone is inoffensive to but the timing and the position of this is!

Who in the right mind would parade around with such a t shirt after a game like the old firm?

His manager is just as bad as him for allowing him to wear it

In my eyes, he is not only an idiot, but he is working his ticket. Expect poor wee artur to be in every paper thats willing to listen moaning about how come the bigots have forced him out of "his beloved sellik"
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: What your views on artur boruc?

Postby daftdog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:38 pm

The modfather wrote:In my eyes, he is not only an idiot, but he is working his ticket. Expect poor wee artur to be in every paper thats willing to listen moaning about how come the bigots have forced him out of "his beloved sellik"

I said something like that about two months ago, when he said something about Celtic being victimised (or words to that effect)

As for the t-shirt.. come on.. is it a shock..

In my mind, he is just as bad as the FTP brigade.. wait and see the RIP tshirts with Pope John Paul II on them soon and someone trying to say, they are only showing their respects.

Before anyone says he wore it for the Parkhead faithful.. don't be silly.. he wore it for one reason only.. to wind up the morons in the stands wearing the red white and blue colours. How many other times this season has he removed his top at the end of a game?? and why this game??

Silly bhoy and silly media giving it so much attention.. overshadowed the win by celtic..
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Hey mod, whats with all yur moanin, can ye naw jeest accept defeat, and get on with it, christ its only a t shirt, im a prody who support the Tic and it disnae affect me, nor did the flute playin Gasgoine, all those trophy winnin years ago.
God sake man, worry mer about yur ane team, and less oh ours, and let the higher archy worry about Boritch and co.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Reidiboy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 am

Borat is a twat.............simple as!
I am not completely useless............................... I can be used as a bad example!
Reidiboy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby MJ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm

There should be no problem at all with Artur Boruc wearing a "God bless the Pope" T Shirt, Marvin Andrews wearing a T Shirt with passages from the bible on it, Kaka wearing a Tshirt with "Jesus loves you" any muslim player wearing a tshirt that says "Allah loves you" etc etc.

Anyone who offended by this t shirt is A BIGOT!

Anyone who says that he shouldn't have worn it at a Glasgow Derby because bigots will be offended is pandering to bigots.

Why this t shirt has made front page news in Scotland is beyond me. We keep getting told "One Scotland, Many Cultures" but the tabloids and 'quality' papers in this country not only pander to bigots in their reporting, but have a responsibility to be opinion shapers in the battle against sectarianism and racism.

No mention about the racist "Why don't you go home" song sung by the Rangers support during the game on Sunday, or the potatoes being thrown on the pitch at Celtic players in the game last week.

Also hardly a mention of the factually inaccurate and racist banner "Nakamura ate my dog" displayed by the same people.

This has recieved press attention in Japan and the Japanese embassy have contacted the Scottish Government with regards to this.

Racism and Sectarianism have no place in my country

Repeat this to anyone who has been offended by this T Shirt:

"One Scotland, Many Cultures"

Until they finally understand that there is nothing wrong
MJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 pm

MJ wrote:There should be no problem at all with Artur Boruc wearing a "God bless the Pope" T Shirt, Marvin Andrews wearing a T Shirt with passages from the bible on it, Kaka wearing a Tshirt with "Jesus loves you" any muslim player wearing a tshirt that says "Allah loves you" etc etc.

Anyone who offended by this t shirt is A BIGOT!

Anyone who says that he shouldn't have worn it at a Glasgow Derby because bigots will be offended is pandering to bigots.

Why this t shirt has made front page news in Scotland is beyond me. We keep getting told "One Scotland, Many Cultures" but the tabloids and 'quality' papers in this country not only pander to bigots in their reporting, but have a responsibility to be opinion shapers in the battle against sectarianism and racism.

No mention about the racist "Why don't you go home" song sung by the Rangers support during the game on Sunday, or the potatoes being thrown on the pitch at Celtic players in the game last week.

Also hardly a mention of the factually inaccurate and racist banner "Nakamura ate my dog" displayed by the same people.

This has recieved press attention in Japan and the Japanese embassy have contacted the Scottish Government with regards to this.

Racism and Sectarianism have no place in my country

Repeat this to anyone who has been offended by this T Shirt:

"One Scotland, Many Cultures"

Until they finally understand that there is nothing wrong

I'm not sure whether you're missing the point deliberately or accidentally.

I'm sure everyone on here agrees that it is wrong for some of the brain dead fans to be offended by a t-shirt with JPII's picture on it. That doesn't make it ok for Boruc to wear it though.

He has clearly set out to try and wind-up the Rangers fans and someone in his position shouldn't be doing that. Of course the Holy Goalie has form for this kind of thing so why anyone is surprised is beyond me.

The man is clearly a tosser and the sooner some other club is stupid enough to offer Celtic funny money for him the better off Scottish football will be. We don't need clowns like him in our game, we already have enough in the stands and instead of supporting him Gordon Strachan should be having a strong word in his ear.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby MJ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:57 pm

No, I think you've missed the point...

Let me explain again...

Anyone who is offended by this T Shirt is a bigot.

Anyone who thinks that he shouldn't have worn it because it was an old firm game is pandering to bigots.

There seems to be an implication that because Artur Boruc is a) Roman Catholic and b) plays for Celtic that he should be embarrased by this and should hide it because bigots will be offended by it. See his union rep Fraser Wishart "He should bless himself in the tunnel at Ibrox"

Why shouldn't Gordon Strachan defend him? He's legally protected by the European Convention of Human Rights to express his religion freely, in public, when he wants.

Was it wrong for Martin O'Neill to point out the "racist and sectarian abuse" received by Neil Lennon which led to the banning of several songs down Ibrox way.

If Artur Boruc is a clown for showing up what a bigoted country we live in then he's up there with grade a 'clowns' like Nelson Mandela and Rosa Parks
MJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Glory Blazer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Boruc is an idiot, plain and simple. He deliberately sets out to enrage opposition fans.

What would have been the reaction if Steven Davis removed his shirt to show a big red hand of ulster flag emblazoned front and back? I think he would have received the same publicity as Boruc and his antics would also have been frowned upon.

However this is not the first time Boruc has tried to incite trouble. Waving the Champions flag to the Rangers supporters after his team was defeated 2-0, making rude gestures to the Hibernian fans, getting a police caution for a breach of the peace during a game at Ibrox, etc, etc and anyone who thinks he wore that T-shirt for any other reason than to cause trouble is mistaken. I bet Boruc has received more bookings for this sort of carry on than fouls during all the matches he has played.

The sooner this average, trouble making goalkeeper is out of our league the better.

This t-shirt display was merely to pander to the Celtic bigots and to enrage Rangers bigots, anyone who says otherwise is as much a fool as Boruc himself. :roll:
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 pm

MJ wrote:No, I think you've missed the point...

Let me explain again...

Anyone who is offended by this T Shirt is a bigot.

Anyone who thinks that he shouldn't have worn it because it was an old firm game is pandering to bigots.

There seems to be an implication that because Artur Boruc is a) Roman Catholic and b) plays for Celtic that he should be embarrased by this and should hide it because bigots will be offended by it. See his union rep Fraser Wishart "He should bless himself in the tunnel at Ibrox"

Why shouldn't Gordon Strachan defend him? He's legally protected by the European Convention of Human Rights to express his religion freely, in public, when he wants.

Was it wrong for Martin O'Neill to point out the "racist and sectarian abuse" received by Neil Lennon which led to the banning of several songs down Ibrox way.

If Artur Boruc is a clown for showing up what a bigoted country we live in then he's up there with grade a 'clowns' like Nelson Mandela and Rosa Parks

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Now I KNOW you're deliberately missing the point.

Tell me why Boruc decided to show off his t-shirt on Sunday instead of any other game during the season?

And as for pandering to the bigots, the only case of that was Boruc himself, as Glory Blazer says.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby MJ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm

GloryBlazer...

In what way is wearing a red hand of ulster t shirt "the same" as wearing a "God bless the Pope" t shirt?

I think you are confusing politcal ideology with religion.

If Steven Davis wore a "God Bless the Queen" t shirt then it would be similar, and if anyone was offended by that then they have the problem.

So celebrating winning the league championship and celebrating should be outlawed now? We might as well ban football altogether so no one wins and then other teams fans couldn't get offended.

As for his "rude gesturing" to hibs fans. Since when was an open handed wave constituted being rude? The Queen better watch out on her next state visits then or she might be arrested for making "rude" gestures.

The caution at Ibrox is outrageous. Why Strathclyde Police thought it necessary to give someone a caution for blessing themselves says EVERYTHING about this country. Why were no cautions ever given in European games when players bless themselves?

Why no cautions or arrests for the Rangers fans with their racist and sectarian "Voodoo no worky" banner that they displayed to him at the last game at Ibrox?

Ranald...

I think he wore the t shirt on Sunday to show up the bigots in this country who are offended by an image of the pope. Only a media that pander to bigots would even think of giving this any column inches. After all the abuse he's received for having the cheek to bless himself at Ibrox says a lot more about the views of people in this country than Artur Boruc.

If anyone feels inclined to cause trouble because of an image of the pope is seen in public then they are the problem.

Artur Boruc is perfectly within his rights to wear whatever t shirt he likes at ANY game as long as it doesn't break any laws.

In this case it didn't.

A total non story whipped into a frenzy by a disgraceful media
MJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Arto Boruc is the king, long may he do what he does best, and if it annoys so called rangers fans, then tough sh..it.
Do the same fans think its right to taunt him as they do every game they play, do they think its right for the their fans to blow up blue and white balloons with the words Jock knew on them, and release them during the game. Idiots.
Its a mans game, time for all you moaning wains to get back to kinder garden and argue who,s turn it is on the swing.
Anyway, sure most of the wains had left the ground before he removed his goalie top and show of a t-shirt with his personal friend John Paul on it, big feckin deal.
Smell the glove.............
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Anyone who doesnt think that Boruc didnt wear the t shirt to wind up rangers fans is in cloud coocoo land. Like it or like it not there is still bigitory in scotland and that just inflamed it on that paticular day.

Still, Boruc is a outstanding keeper, probably the best in scotland for the last 2-3 years, Id like to see him stay here for as long as possible.
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 pm

Where to start?

MJ wrote:
So celebrating winning the league championship and celebrating should be outlawed now? We might as well ban football altogether so no one wins and then other teams fans couldn't get offended.

No-one's won the league yet and I'd suggest if Boruc thinks that's what he was doing he's going to look an even bigger fool than he does already come the end of the season.

MJ wrote:The caution at Ibrox is outrageous. Why Strathclyde Police thought it necessary to give someone a caution for blessing themselves says EVERYTHING about this country. Why were no cautions ever given in European games when players bless themselves?

You'll find the Police cautioned Boruc for offensive gestures, not for blessing himself. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

MJ wrote:
Why no cautions or arrests for the Rangers fans with their racist and sectarian "Voodoo no worky" banner that they displayed to him at the last game at Ibrox?

Why must all Old Firm debates boil down to the childish "oooh they started it" or "look they're misbehaving too"? No-one's claiming Rangers fans (or indeed Celtic fans for that matter) are angels but stop trying to deflect from the issue.

MJ wrote:
Ranald...

I think he wore the t shirt on Sunday to show up the bigots in this country who are offended by an image of the pope. Only a media that pander to bigots would even think of giving this any column inches. After all the abuse he's received for having the cheek to bless himself at Ibrox says a lot more about the views of people in this country than Artur Boruc.

If anyone feels inclined to cause trouble because of an image of the pope is seen in public then they are the problem.

I don't think that you really believe that's why he chose to display that t-shirt. I think you're a Celtic fan sticking up for one of your players when everyone else in the country knows he's in the wrong. Again.

And on the subject of who should be offended, I'd imagine many right-thinking Catholics in the country will be a bit unhappy at this walloper whoring his religion about to try and score petty points on the football field.

MJ wrote:Artur Boruc is perfectly within his rights to wear whatever t shirt he likes at ANY game as long as it doesn't break any laws.

In this case it didn't.

A total non story whipped into a frenzy by a disgraceful media

To be pedantic, he actually isn't allowed to unveil a t-shirt bearing any slogan, be it religious, political or anything else. So say FIFA anyway.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 am

I am puzzled by MJ's line on this.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that Boruc wore the T shirt to wind up Rangers fans. In the climate of an OF game it was a dangerous and inflammatary thing to do.........utter madness.

If he gets transferred to, say Liverpool, and next season they play, and win, a tense, vital top of the table clash with Man Utd......will he unveil a Pope T Shirt? no, he wont even think for a second to wear it.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:41 am

And, all this BJK stuff should be stopped right away........that is even more likely to cause trouble.

Jeezo, is there not ENOUGH trouble, people injured, slashed, stabbed and battered on the day of an OF game without all that?

The OF games are magnificent spectacles, I am not a fan of either club but love the build up, the radio coverage, the papers being full of it, the times I do see it on TV, the discussion on FF and KDS and on here........BUT, it would be all these things without all the violence and hatred.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat