Should rangers be allowed time off to prepare for uefa cup..

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Should rangers be allowed time off to prepare for uefa cup final?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 41

Re: Should rangers be allowed time off to prepare for uefa cup..

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu May 08, 2008 7:49 am

The modfather wrote:thus meaning the spl being extended?

Its scandalous how come the spl expect rangers to play 4 games in 8 days (one of which being the biggest game in the clubs history in a long long time). The sfa have now said they are willing to move the scottish cup final to allow the season to be extended which, is pretty sensible as Scottish involvement can only be a good thing.However, it remains to be seen whether the spl will grant this

Right as far as Im aware there was a game last night, one this weekend, one next thursday and one the next weekend. Assuming next weekends game is on the Saturday, thats not 8 days, its 11. Basically Rangers are moaning at having to play a midweek game two weeks in a row, something that isnt even a major occurence in this day and age. Shut the **** up and get on with it.

And as the long awaited move to England isnt occuring I have a different idea. Why dont the pair of them piss off over to Ireland? After all Celtic already have a fan base there and Rangers would have one too if they made it a United league.Theyd also get lots of tv money just for the interest in watching that. I know then the Scottish League would have no money but its not as if the ten other teams are seeing any of it anyway. Also enough of this SPL are against us pish. The SPL is interested in one thing, lining their own pockets. Time the Old Firm buggered off and left the rest of us in peace. Good riddance to poisonous rubbish.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:
The modfather wrote:thus meaning the spl being extended?

Its scandalous how come the spl expect rangers to play 4 games in 8 days (one of which being the biggest game in the clubs history in a long long time). The sfa have now said they are willing to move the scottish cup final to allow the season to be extended which, is pretty sensible as Scottish involvement can only be a good thing.However, it remains to be seen whether the spl will grant this

Right as far as Im aware there was a game last night, one this weekend, one next thursday and one the next weekend. Assuming next weekends game is on the Saturday, thats not 8 days, its 11. Basically Rangers are moaning at having to play a midweek game two weeks in a row, something that isnt even a major occurence in this day and age. Shut the **** up and get on with it.

Oops. It's the week from May 17th - 24th they've got to play all the games. It's Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Saturday.

Still tough shit tho :lol:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hume » Thu May 08, 2008 9:35 am

Ranald wrote:
Oops. It's the week from May 17th - 24th they've got to play all the games. It's Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Saturday.

I was just about to correct him too Ranald and as already pointed out the sequence in '84 was Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday to complete the last 7 fixtures.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu May 08, 2008 10:41 am

I was misinformed then, was told the Uefa Cup game was one of the 4, which it cant be if were referring to the week beginning next Saturday. Still not much different to what the English clubs have to do over Christmas and Easter.
Last edited by A Horse called Juan Face on Thu May 08, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Glory Blazer » Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 am

So people who have know more about football than you are wrong then?

Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat, Alex Ferguson, Gordon Smith, George Burley etc are all talking rubbish? :roll: :roll:

Maybe you could give them a few lessons on all you know in football and the country would be World Champions?
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu May 08, 2008 10:56 am

Funny, every one you mentioned would be a Rangers supporter. What a coincidence that is. Well, except Advocaat obviously. What are you on about anyway, who said they were wrong? All I said was that teams play a lot of games in a short time fairly regularly over the course of a season. The SPL have made their decision. Methinks youre just pissed off cos you jumped the gun on the other thread. Also, as I said before its a European Championship season and UEFA requested at the start of the season that all members season be shorter. Hence why the FA Cup final is a week earlier than usual. SPL/SFA cant extend the season. Their bosses wouldnt let them. Anyway, like I said a few weeks ago if you want to win trophies, you have to play a lot of games. Thats why footballs such a squad game now. Im pretty sure theres lots of other teams whod gladly trade places with Rangers right now.
Last edited by A Horse called Juan Face on Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Thu May 08, 2008 11:05 am

Glory Blazer, I haven't read all the comments made by the guys you mention other than Smith and Burley but I anticipate they range from "its not ideal that Rangers have to play all these games in such a short space of time" to "it's not fair Rangers have to play all these games in such a short space of time".

Of course its not ideal, if you look through the thread you will see that even the people who disagree with a further postponement on Saturday generally would support it if the circumstances were different. But they are not.

Rangers fans, and I accept many see there is no alternative to the current situation, need to give up this idea that there is some sort of vendetta against them.

So, if Burley thinks it is unfair, then yes I think he is wrong.

Please suggest an alternative to the fixture list as it is at present.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu May 08, 2008 11:17 am

I know Chick Young said it was unfair, but we all know what side of the Clyde hes coming from.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Thu May 08, 2008 1:00 pm

You should listen to/ read all of what actually Burley said. He did not adopt a pro-Rangers stance. Rather, he spoke about how it was unfortunate that there was no room for flexing the schedule this year.

His plea was to make sure that this could not happen again in future. I think most people agree that if the schedule could have been flexed, without extending the season, or meaning that Queen of the South would wait an extra week or two for the Cup Final, then that would have been fine. But becuase of the back-log and congestion, there was no scope this year to do that.

This is not pro- or anti- Rangers. In fact, he said that we should try to get more mid-week games in the early part of the season, which I think could best be achieved by having one Cup. So you can bring down the gallows :wink:
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Glory Blazer » Thu May 08, 2008 4:24 pm

This is a forum and I am merely expressing my opinions, I always stand by them.

My opinion is that the SPL should be aiding a Scottish club in it's quest for European Glory. How often does a Scottish club reach a European final?

Lex Gold and Ian Blair have brass necks accepting tickets for said final, freeloading on Rangers success.

What would it matter if the QOS game was put back a week? They're only making up the numbers anyway.

The SPL is to balme for this fixture congestion, they should never have allowed Gretna and Motherwell to share that mudbath pitch. As for all the other postponed gamesI suggest from next season that if you can't fulfill a fixture due to the state of your pitch then the 3 points go to the visiting team. That would stop all fixture congestion and hopefully ensure better playing surfaces in the SPL. How many games were put off due to the pitch being unplayable. There is no excuse, they could have rainsheets over the pitches and a modern drainage scheme implemented.

Rangers should have time off to prepare and I would say the same for any other SPL club in our predicament. It's a farce.

All I hope is that Rangers win their remaining 6 games and stick the middle finger right in the face of the SPL and the clubs who would not support them.
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby giantredwood » Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Glory Blazer wrote:All I hope is that Rangers win their remaining 6 games and stick the middle finger right in the face of the SPL and the clubs who would not support them.

Would this be the same Rangers who would have dropped the SPL and the other clubs in an instant if they had been allowed to hightail it south to the EPL a few years back?
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu May 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Glory Blazer wrote:
What would it matter if the QOS game was put back a week? They're only making up the numbers anyway.

All I hope is that Rangers win their remaining 6 games and stick the middle finger right in the face of the SPL and the clubs who would not support them.

I hope these 2 quote,s come back and bite yeh right on the A.R,S,E,..... ESPECIALLY THE 1ST ONE.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Aye thats it glory blazer, punish the clubs with no money for having no money.. again. I seem to remember the Ibrox pitch being a disgrace this season as well, but it's awrite for them cos they can afford to rip it up and replace it whenever they like.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri May 09, 2008 3:26 am

Glory Blazer wrote:This is a forum and I am merely expressing my opinions, I always stand by them.

Maybe you should stop having a go at other people for doing the same then.

If youre so sure Rangers are going to walk the cup final, why dont they play Alan Lowing, John Fleck, Gow and all the other plebs wholl never get a game any other way?
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Glory Blazer » Fri May 09, 2008 7:50 am

Trapper wrote:Aye thats it glory blazer, punish the clubs with no money for having no money.. again. I seem to remember the Ibrox pitch being a disgrace this season as well, but it's awrite for them cos they can afford to rip it up and replace it whenever they like.

Trapper, in the same token that a plumber would get punished (in revenue) for not having the tools to carry out their jobs on time, why shouldn't Scottish Premier League Clubs be punished for not being able to fulfill fixtures on time? I honestly think that if a game is postponed due to an unplayable pitch (obviously within reason and not including monsoons and heavy snowfall) then 3 points should go to the visiting team. This would alleviate any fixture congestion and put more pressure on clubs to keep their grounds in a better state. With more emphasis being placed on providing a good pitch this in turn should ensure a better playing surface all year round and hopefully a better quality of football.
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat