Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby the big man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:33 pm

not been made offical yet bill they have until monday
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:26 pm

the big man wrote:not been made offical yet bill they have until monday

The final deadline was Friday,the official announcement is Monday,I doubt there will be any change in the intervening two days that will magically have Donnington back on track .
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 am

still no news on donnington park bill,hope they cant get the funding required, silverstone is the rightful home of the british grand prix, is button going to fall at the final hurdle or has he got what it takes to be crowned f1 champ on sunday,i personal think hes bottled it , not enough good results in the last 5 or 6 races he should have lifted the title by now. his only saving grace is if vettels engine gives trouble remember vettel has used up his allocation of engines and would have to take a ten place grid drop if a new engine where to be fitted to the red bull car. red bull have been trying to do as little free practice as possible on a race weekend to try and minimise engine wear on vettels car, all in all its going to be a cracking race on sunday,i think this circuit will possible suit the mclaren or toyota this year , my race result being 1st lewis hamilton 2nd yano trulli 3rd sebastian vettel or kimi raikonien. :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Got to disagree with you bigman.The statistics show that Button has won more races(6)compared to Hamilton's(5) last season when Hamilton won the title.Also there is one less race this year.Räikkönen won his title the previous year with 6 wins,as did Schumacher in 2003.

The latest news seems to confirm that Barrichello has signed with Williams for next year.I can see Brawn GP favouring Button over Barrichello to win .

As for Donnington Park ? Ecclestone has as good as said that it will be Siverstone for the forseeable future.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:53 pm

brawn might be favouring button over barricello bill, but having just watched quali on bbc barrichelo on pole button 14th on the grid ,dont want to repeat my self bill but jensons bottled it the pressure has got to him what a poor showing in quali 2, should have come in for intermediate tyres stayed out to long his full wets where shot to pieces. still fancy trulli to be on the podium along with kimi :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Amazing Qualifying session from Brazil , could anyone have predicted this?

Rubens is always good in the wet weather conditions , plus he has the advantage of his home Grand Prix.
He will not want to throw the chance of winning on his home ground and adding to his chances of stealing the championship from his teammate.
I disagree with you Big Man as Mark Webber is certainly good enough to put his Red Bull on the podium along side Rubens,
3rd place will be up for grabs as Trulli will disapear backwards so perhaps Kimi will plod around then suddenly appear from nowhere to take third.

I'm not certain that Ferrari have made the right choice in taking Alonso , though it may well have more to do with Santander than his driving ability.All the teams he has driven for in the last few years have ended up in court over some sort of ''naughty'' dealings?Could there be a common factor there?

I cannot wait for the red lights to go out early tomorrow evening.All will then unfold in front of our screens .
I hope everyone has a great race , there are no accidents and that whoever wins does so by driving one of the best races of their lives.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby the big man » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 am

frosty why do you question alonsos driving , has your memory gone or do you not know he has been world champion? to question the mans drivng ability is way of the mark. if you listen to eddie jordan and co on bbc there are all in agreement that alonso is most likely the most talented driver on the grid .as for ferrari taking on board the wrong driver nonsense. yes santander has played a large part in securing the move. dont be suprised if alonsos right up there next season fighting to lift the world title. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:36 pm

I have alrady stated my opinion that Alonso is the best driver in F1 at the moment.

As for todays race,it would be terrific for F1 if Barrichello could win,and take the drivers title decider to the last race.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 am

Yes Big Man Fernando Alonso was the world champion , but I'm not sure that he still has the ability to gain that position again.
There are too many good ,young , drivers gaining expierience in excellent cars that will be able to push for the title next year plus I do not think Ferrari have the car and if they do , then I'm sure Massa will have a something to say about the No.1 position.

Webber drove an amazing race to finish first , but Lewis was sensational coming through to take third.Kimi was very lucky not to have been injured in the pit lane when his Ferrari had a flash fire from Heikki's McLaren.If Kimi had not tangled with Webber early doors he would have been on the podium.

Rubens was very unlucky to get a rear puncture,but thats racing.He has been one of the best ever drivers in F1 and I hope he continues next year.

Jenson drove one of the races of his life to be World Champion , so well done to him.

A great race , agreat day for Jenson and a great day for Brawn GP.

fROSTY
Last edited by Frosty on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 am

Congratulations to Jenson and Brawn GP.

Considering the team did not exist untill three weeks before the first race of the season what they have achieved is amazing.

Jenson has led the drivers championship table from the first race to the last.A well deserved championship winner.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the big man » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 pm

well done jenson i personaly thought the pressure had got to him ,yesterday was his best race of year , poor rubens he just does not seem to have any luck at all, this was probaly his last chance to lift the world championship, looks like mercedes benz are going to play a bigger part with brawn next year , with mclaren possibly looking at new engine suppliers.
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby NelsonL1995 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:03 pm

I see Flavio Briatore has filled for legal action to lift his life ban from F1 and other motorsport.
No chance will he get anywhere with it though, surely. :@
'' If it seems to good to be true, It probably is.''
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Jenson to sign for McLaren...................................................................................................maybe. :roll:
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:18 pm

At the start of this thread , I ended my reply,to one of the posts , with ....'' It would be brilliant if Jenson and Lewis were driving for McLaren next year?''

Well I hope that is exactly what happens.
McLaren always try and get the top drivers , if they are sounding out Jenson then this proves that they are still determined to regain the top position in F1.

The end of the season may well bring a surprise , as did the beginning , with Jenson being the subject matter of both.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby the big man » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:44 pm

just news paper gossip no real truth to the story ,there is no way team hamilton will let jenson button near the number 2 mclaren car, im sure antony hamilton will have it in his sons contract that this sort of thing wont happen. lewis does not want drivers like jenson pushing him all the way and undermining his no 1 status within the mclaren team, i personaly think this a move by buttons management team to speed negotiations along with the brawn team, button does not want to leave the brawn team as they have been thru so much together :?:
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat