moto gp

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

moto gp

Postby the big man » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:53 am

good to see casey stoner back to his best today winning at his home gp in phillip island austraila, caseys been threw the mill recently with his extreme fatigue illness , rossi has more or less got the title wraped up with his team mate and main championship rival falling of on the first lap. british rider james toesland to leave tech 3 yamaha team at end of season to make room for rising star ben spies who is currentley fighting for the wsb title in his rookie year with yamaha wsb team, the two riders will do a straight swap at the end of the year , toesland going back to the wsb where he is more suited having lifted two wsb titles there. :?: :?:
back in black been so long im glad to be back
the big man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: moto gp

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:14 pm

There's obviously a hard-core F1 following on the KF - wondered if there were many MotoGP fans?

I used to follow F1 quite closely until a few years back, I basically got totally bored with the "racing" and gave up on it. Then I started watching MotoGP, and haven't looked back since. Can't claim to be a bike enthusiast of any form, I simply love the racing!

Not sure if anyone watched the race at Jerez over the weekend. There was more action than an entire season of F1 when I used to watch it.

Click below for a quick catch-up if you missed it - 3 minutes well spent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 445466.stm
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Insider » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi SYE

You have probably seen my posts on F1 here on KF?

Like you I am NOT a bike fan at all but I do enjoy watching MOTO GP, when Arrows F1 Team went under I went to work at Kenny Roberts team for around seven months, like I said, bikes are not my thing but I did enjoy the racing even though I didn't really enjoy the work, after several years working on F1 car there really is not a lot happens with bikes, it bored me to be honest.

I watched the whole race from Jerez, there was a lot of action, there always is but this particular race WAS wet, that always produces lots of action whether it be cars or bikes and it certainly made for a spectacle.

There is every chance it will rain in Sepang this weekend, they have changed the race start time to late afternoon over the race over the last couple of years, it always rains around that time in the tropics so this GP might be another Jerez in terms of chaos, lets hope so.

TI
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi TI,

I do read your posts on the F1 thread and they are very interesting and give a very good insight into the industry and personalities involved.

Maybe Bernie was watching the race at Jerez, and that reinforced his "sprinklers" idea. :lol: Perhaps I should suggest to him that the answer to more exciting racing may be to remove two of the wheels :lol:

Just out of interest, do wee Bernie's tentacles extend into MotoGP?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat