X Factor

Have your say....

X Factor

Postby Ags » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm

I know all you smart cookies HATE reality t.v and i wait to be shot down in flames but I am loving this series - there are some very talented people in the show this year!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: X Factor

Postby the ice maiden » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm

As I have not been feeling 100% over the past few weeks and my lovely husband has decided to be thoughtful enough to arrange a night out every Saturday, I have had the remote control to myself so I've been watching the xfactor. I am really enjoying it too. Last night was my favourite by far as I just love the big band night. I think that is because I would love to be belting out New York New York with a big band at my side-and I don't mean elastic for me kneekers before I get any smart comments :D I'm sure anyone who heard me signing it on the karaoke in the comm would love another rendition of it :wink: Also, even though I can sometimes tend to be a wee bit emotional and soft I don't think Scott should've gone last night as I think he is a far better singer than Daniel.
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Wasn't that fussed with either of them last night Ice Maiden - I thought the right two were in the sing off!! Loving the girls...think Cheryl may have a winner for her first year!! You will have the remote to yourself again next week! Hope the legs are better and you can boogie away to disco week :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Total dross! :x
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:15 am

And wouldn't it be a dull old world LR if we all liked and agreed on the same old things :?: :?:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:16 am

Ags wrote:And wouldn't it be a dull old world LR if we all liked and agreed on the same old things :?: :?:

Totally agree.We are all entitled to a view and our own opinion.I am not attempting to begin an argument,just publishing my thoughts. :)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Your thoughts are noted Rodg! :D I'm just going to open the vino for tonights show :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Ags, I love these four cute boys in the group, their harmonies are great and I think the girls are great this year BUT please can you explain to me why on Earth that mediocre pub singer is in there other than the fact he has a sad story to tell? Right from the beginning I liked him and felt sorry for him but he hasn't got an ounce of talent and his irritating whooping noises every week annoy me so much.

And my favourite? Dermot of course! :wink:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:25 pm

How was that wailing blonde woman allowed to sing a Blondie number on "Disco" night. last time I looked, Blondie were a kind of post punk(ish) group, certainly not "disco".

It looks like Simon says he wants her to win.....
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:27 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Total dross! :x

I rest my case.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm

Roger, it is beyond my comprehension as to why you would keep coming into a topic you label as dross. You've made your point, now go away (I'm not as polite as Ags).

Rabmacd, you're right, it confused me too and I think someone did mention it last night (Louis?). I reckon Cowell has GOT to look elsewhere as that wee Irish troll hasn't got a chance. Mums and Grannies will keep him in for a few weeks, mind you. But please, does anyone think that Daniel can sing?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01 pm

I thought that the group, JLS, were the best act of last night`s show, they were fantastic! Also like Ruth, Alexandra, and Daniel. I normally really like the little N.Ireland boy, Eoghan, he has a lovely voice, but was disappointing last night. When Rachel was in the last 2, I thought my prayers to see the back of her were about to be answered, but no such luck. I badly want to see her and Laura go, they`re both terrible.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:03 pm

And yes, Govangirl, I think that Daniel has a lovely voice, I wish Louis would stop running him down and insulting him by comparing him to that idiot Ricky Gervais!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

numberplease wrote:I thought that the group, JLS, were the best act of last night`s show, they were fantastic!

I agree (but you like Daniel? Please tell me why. I really think I'm missing something here). My second best is Alexandria and I so agree with you about Rachel. She won't last.

Oops, our posts must have crossed at the same time! I must look at Daniel now in a different light. :D
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Maybe because I`m older Govangirl, I am a sucker for a lovely balladeer,(is that a word?) I can`t stand loud caterwauling, which is why I don`t like Rachel or Laura.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc