Bob Dylan on BBC2

Have your say....

Bob Dylan on BBC2

Postby DMS Graphics » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:46 pm

Sitting watching the first part of the Bob Dylan Documentary. Excellent.
Really should replace all of my stuff of his with CD versions. Then I will be able to play some.

Makes the comparisons between Pete Doherty and Dylan seem absurd, Dylan's a totally different league.
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Bob Dylan

Postby Frosty » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:24 pm

Could someone tell me why he is suddenly all over the Press and TV.
Yes he was agood song writer and singer , but didn't other artists sing his songs better than he did ?
Brian Ferry (Hard Rain ) for example.
I just don't get it why the BBC are giving 4 hours to Bob Dylan at this stage of his life ?
Regards
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:58 am

Think the reason for all the coverage is that Bob Dylan rarely ever gives interviews at all, so the release of this documentary was quite a major event.In fact this was the first full length film biography made about Dylan and contains a lot of previously unseen footage of Dylan from the 1960s etc.

It is getting so much coverage on the BBC because it is actually a BBC co-produced film. It is also the first first collabaration between the two major public broadcasters in the UK and USA. It was actually directed by Martin Scorsese, the director of such films as Taxi Driver, Raging Bull etc, so cant really ask for a better director either.

Think it is being released on dvd very soon too.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc