Dynamic HTML effects using Firefox...

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Postby GarySutherland » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Are you sure you're looking at the same website as we are? :)

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Thewetman » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:06 pm

Away an change yer sparkplugs - its a joke
Thewetman
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:04 pm

Jonathan wrote:TBH I always thought the wipe effects etc were a bit much and did not add anything to the site as a whole.
It looks and works better under Firefox without the dhtml.

just MHO of course

Jonathon - the wipe effects on the Mach GOlf site are not DHTML. Just a feature of Frontpage. As I said before it ain't my site but I just noticed that the menus along the top don't appear on Firefox but they appear on IE etc. The web site which I have been working on for a wee while throught the nights etc is http://www.duncanmcmillan.com and if you look on IE you will see the drop down menu works and takes you to new pages without having to click GO (that is why I don't want to use the one you mentioned Malky) However on Firefox the menus don't work :shock: Anyway have a look and see if you can spot any errors.

I have a few finishing touches to add to this over the weekend and I'll sort out the Menu thingy! :shock:

BTW - I will be setting up a technical thread on the board so all us 'geeks' can talk about all this pash! Seriously though it will be good to share knowledge of IT skills - especially for those who have concerns about viruses etc!

Anyway, far too serious - back to ma pint!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:46 pm

Good idea, especially with broadband getting more and more available in the area over the next month or few. If anyone needs help setting up internet-connected local area networks then give me a shout.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:58 pm

Davie P wrote:
Jonathan wrote:TBH I always thought the wipe effects etc were a bit much and did not add anything to the site as a whole.
It looks and works better under Firefox without the dhtml.

just MHO of course

Jonathon - the wipe effects on the Mach GOlf site are not DHTML. Just a feature of Frontpage. As I said before it ain't my site but I just noticed that the menus along the top don't appear on Firefox but they appear on IE etc. The web site which I have been working on for a wee while throught the nights etc is http://www.duncanmcmillan.com and if you look on IE you will see the drop down menu works and takes you to new pages without having to click GO (that is why I don't want to use the one you mentioned Malky) However on Firefox the menus don't work :shock: Anyway have a look and see if you can spot any errors.

I have a few finishing touches to add to this over the weekend and I'll sort out the Menu thingy! :shock:

BTW - I will be setting up a technical thread on the board so all us 'geeks' can talk about all this pash! Seriously though it will be good to share knowledge of IT skills - especially for those who have concerns about viruses etc!

Anyway, far too serious - back to ma pint!

K - am aware of the FP "fancies" my mistake for saying they were dhtml.

With regards to techie help am more than willing to contribute - spend most of my time on other forums giving advice re pcs - hardware/software probs etc.
Jonathan
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Previous

Return to Technical Support