Adding Images

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Adding Images

Postby Admin3 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:06 pm

Just posting this again as an announcement. Cheers to Graeme for this:-

Hi,

A couple of people have pm'd me to ask how you add a picture or image to your signature. I thought it would be easier to post instructions rather than reply to individuals.

The main thing to remember is that you can only add images that appear somewhere on the web. You cannot add an image directly that you have saved on the C drive of your PC.

Like me not everyone has their own web page. The easiest way round this is to register with a site that gives you free webspace such as
http://www.photobucket.com/

When you find an image you want right click your mouse over it and save it to a folder on your PC.

Now register with photobucket. To upload your image click on browse (on the main page) and select your image from wherever you saved it to. At this point you can also add a photograph that you have on your PC. Be aware that there may be a limit to the size of the photo that is allowed. Smaller photos work best and larger ones that have been reduced can look a bit naff. However if you are a bit of a wizz with photograph software like photoshop you may be able to get round this.

When the image/photo has been uploaded it will appear in your online album. There should be three rectangular boxes below it called Url, Tag and Img. Highlight the text in the Img box, right click the mouse and select Copy.

You are now free to paste this in to your signature box in your Profile. It will be easier if you have both pages open at this point.

I know this is a bit long winded but it is probably the easiest way for those who dont have their own webpage. You could paste a link direct to the website that the image you want appears on, thus removing the photobucket step, but whether that works will depend on how the image was uploaded to that site in the first place.

In the same way pictures can be added to the main body of your post and if the moderators allow it your avater (that is an image that appears below your name everytime you post). At the moment this is not enabled.

Good luck,

Any questions please ask.
Last edited by Admin3 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

picture

Postby kbm » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:15 pm

Just trying the picture thing.
kbm
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Technical Support