Memory upgrade

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Memory upgrade

Postby DOUBLE A » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:56 pm

My Dell Dimension 3000 has built in memory of 512mb, it is running really slow and been told i need to increase the memory, have seen a 1gb upgrade for just over £31, really wondering how easy it is to install the upgrade if i bought it online, also can the 1gb be placed in alongside the 512mb, or would it be better for someone who hasnt got a clue about computers to take it to a computer shop to get them to do it :?:
" on the road tae Drumlemman "
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Memory upgrade

Postby Malky » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Using the computer in question, go to http://www.crucial.com/uk and use their system scanner or memory advisor. That will tell you what memory is inside and what you can add. I believe they also do video tutorials on adding memory to your computer - it's not difficult.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sahara » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:53 am

This is very helpful :)
Been meaning to get myself more memory for a while and on this site its not very expensive :D
Mine also is only 512 mb, crawling along now :lol:
sahara
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby maxmix » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm

If your stuck for memory / RAM upgrades, give me a shout, when I closed the shop last year I had still a few sticks of RAM left....

If your stuck, give me a shout, I'm in the town every day, phone number above the shop is still the same :wink:

maxmix

PS OP If your machine is running very slow it could be down to Malaware or Virus activity, I've sorted so many laptops lately that 'slowness' has been down to Virus's....

A guide also.... Windows XP 512MB to 1GB would get you by, Vista now really needs 2GB RAM!
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DOUBLE A » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 pm

maxmix wrote:If your stuck for memory / RAM upgrades, give me a shout, when I closed the shop last year I had still a few sticks of RAM left....

If your stuck, give me a shout, I'm in the town every day, phone number above the shop is still the same :wink:

maxmix

PS OP If your machine is running very slow it could be down to Malaware or Virus activity, I've sorted so many laptops lately that 'slowness' has been down to Virus's....

A guide also.... Windows XP 512MB to 1GB would get you by, Vista now really needs 2GB RAM!

Cheers but ordered on line from the site Malky suggested before your post, but thanks anyway.
" on the road tae Drumlemman "
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Technical Support