Portachoillin

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Portachoillin

Postby numberplease » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Don`t know if I`m putting this in the right place or not, so sorry if it`s wrong. I`ve been poring over the maps, looking for places (not many) that we haven`t been to in Kintyre. I came across Portachoillin, and wondered if anyone could tell me something about the place, with or without a picture? Thank you in anticipation.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Portachoillin

Postby Crowth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Number here's a pic from the other side of West Loch Tarbert: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/706148

The house by the shore is where the road ends. I've only been down there the once and I can tell you from experience that the lady who lives there doesn't care for you parking down there. All in all there's not a lot there, certainly nothing for visitors that I could see.
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Portachoillin

Postby numberplease » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Thank you Crowth. The reason that I was searching that bit of the map is that we remembered seeing a car towing a caravan turn off the A83 down one of the little lanes last year, but we were on our way home with the caravan on the back, so couldn`t investigate at the time, but it came back to me today, so I thought I`d see what was down there. Doesn`t look like we`ll be paying a visit then, if the natives aren`t friendly. :lol:
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info