Owl Centre

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Owl Centre

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 19, 2007 12:15 am

On the topic of things to do when in Kintyre here is a must for anyone with or withour a family.

The Scottish Owl Centre is located at the old Hospital, Witchburn Road

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dr-sanchez » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:18 am

awesome place, owls are deedly
Last edited by dr-sanchez on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Do you know if they take Switch payments yet? It was a bit of a pain when we all went and I had to go over to Tesco to get enough cash to pay with.

Thoroughly recommended though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sconeface » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:13 pm

I know, life is full of terrible problems like that :roll:
sconeface
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Lochside » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Do you know if they take Switch payments yet? It was a bit of a pain when we all went and I had to go over to Tesco to get enough cash to pay with.

Not your finest posting Beachcomber :? :? , imagine having to go to Tesco for cash because they have no Switch machine :? Owl centres have been closed down for less.
Pistachio
Lochside
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Hoot Hoot, do you mean Lochside. :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 pm

Lochside wrote:
Beachcomber wrote:Do you know if they take Switch payments yet? It was a bit of a pain when we all went and I had to go over to Tesco to get enough cash to pay with.

Not your finest posting Beachcomber :? :? , imagine having to go to Tesco for cash because they have no Switch machine :? Owl centres have been closed down for less.

Sorry, don't get your problem.

When you've just unloaded a car full of kids the last thing you want is the hassle of having to go and find the cash. If you're the only parent present then you have to get them all back in the car, back across town, back to the centre, unload, etc etc. PDQ machines are hardly new technology, after all.

Like I said though, thoroughly recommended for an outing. Our kids love it there, and so do I.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Lochside wrote:

Sorry, don't get your problem.

When you've just unloaded a car full of kids the last thing you want is the hassle of having to go and find the cash. If you're the only parent present then you have to get them all back in the car, back across town, back to the centre, unload, etc etc. PDQ machines are hardly new technology, after all.

Like I said though, thoroughly recommended for an outing. Our kids love it there, and so do I.

Well you'll know in future to carry some cash like most folk do :wink: , saves all that hassle with the bairns etc .
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sconeface » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm

.... and perhaps the interest rates of a switch machine would be pretty terrible - think of the small guys :D :D
sconeface
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:56 pm

All I did was ask the question. Jeez.

It's a great place to go but if you're trying to attract visitors from out of town then surely it'd make sense to make it easier for them to pay not harder. If you take all their cash off them at the entry desk then they'll have less to spend in the souvenirs after.

Think small and you'll stay small.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sconeface » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 pm

thank you, I will remember to think BIG in future :? that's what is probably wrong with all of us here
sconeface
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby witchnettle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:10 am

i'm with gary on this one, i don't see the problem there will be folks coming from all over the country over the next few weeks who will expect to pay with a card, and they will experience the same problem. its not much to ask a BUSINESS that they conform with the rest of the country in installing a very simple payment system that even the smallest of shops and businesses manage to use successfully. when i was in a macdonalds recently( i know, its a terrible place but part of our holiday treats for my kids) a woman paid for a milkshake with a credit card !!!!!!!!
please don't start picking on me because of my view (i know what you lot are like!!!) i don't want to fall out with anyone, just wanted to say i don't think its unreasonable to expect a tourism business to accept payment using debit or credit cards (lots of foreigners use this as a method of payment everywhere as it is a lot safer, and a lot less confusing than carrying cash)
x
flag flax fodder and frig
witchnettle
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby amron » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:54 pm

The first time that I took my kids and their pals to the centre I went to pay by switch and discovered they didn't take cards fortunately I had my cheque book with me (soon they will become a thing of the past).
A lot of people just don't carry cash about with them. If I was away on holiday I would expect to use my card.

Anyway it is a great day out :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Owl centre photos

Postby amron » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Had a fantastic day at the Owl centre today, My visitors really enjoyed all the owls, info etc and playing in the park, fantastic views from the lookout well worth a visit :D :D
Lovely home baking :D :D
Lofty was the baby chick that the centre had this year he is beautiful he is the 1st pic
Here are some photos I took today
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Owl centre photos

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 pm

amron wrote:Had a fantastic day at the Owl centre today, My visitors really enjoyed all the owls, info etc and playing in the park, fantastic views from the lookout well worth a visit :D :D
Lovely home baking :D :D
Lofty was the baby chick that the centre had this year he is beautiful he is the 1st pic

Amron
Great pictures, and the owl chick pic, what can you say. Need to get down there this coming week with my grandaughters.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info