Annoying things people do

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Annoying things people do

Postby odds » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:14 am

As Emdee suggested, this might be interesting but I want it to be things you see on a daily basis that is annoying and avoidable if the people involved thought first. I will give you a few of my worst hates:
People crossing the road that look and see you coming but decide to stroll accross at thier leisure anyway, and think they will survive a head on collision with a big metal object, and expect you to stop for them, usually teenagers.
People of certain origins that never hold doors open for you as you walk in behind them, I now treat them with the same respect.
People in the outside lane that know they need to be on the inside lane but can't be arsed waiting and think they will just jump in rather than getting in the right lane like everyone else. I take great pleasure just keeping up along side them just to stop them getting in the right lane :)

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Annoying things people do

Postby EMDEE » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:22 am

Good thread.

Just to keep on the driving theme for the moment, there are a couple of pet hates that I have that spring to mind.

1. You are quite happily driving along a road at a reasonable speed. Somebody is entering the road from a side road on the left just ahead of you. They obviously think to themselves "I'll just come out before this car comes along and passes me, then I won't be held up". They then proceed to drive along the road in front of you at 20 mph holding you up. This is not an uncommon situation, and I encounter it on a daily basis. Sometimes, this can happen ahead of you joining a tailback, and you are therefore unaware of what has happened, and I have sometimes asked myself, "have I joined a funeral cortege here?"

2. The other side of the same coin. You are quite happily driving along at 30-40 mph in a normal flow of traffic. the car in front is turning off to the left at a junction just ahead. It starts to slow down about 500 yards before the junction, and by the time it reaches the junction is doing all of 5 mph. while you are frantically changing down the gears to avoid stalling. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe cars are designed to perform a 90 degree turn at a speed exceeding 5 mph without overturning in normal road conditions. While all of this is happening, the vehicle which was in front of the offending car is about a mile down the road.

Having been driving for 40 years now, without a bump, I would contend that it is drivers like these who cause more problems on the roads than other drivers.

When I did my driving test, I understood that part of the Highway Code was to keep up with the general fow of traffic and avoid causing an obstrustion. I wouldn't think that has changed.

No wonder we have road rage.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old fart. :roll:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 am

EMDEE wrote:Good thread.
Maybe I'm just a grumpy old fart. :roll:

I get called that all the time, infact my missus now calls me Victor after the Victor Mildrew character, but it is not me, it is the sheer arrogance of other people that annoy me !! :)

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby EMDEE » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:54 am

Aye, but the fact is that Victor was usually a victim of petty officialdom or other people's incompetence or unfortunate coincidences. Even if he appeared to be a grumpy old fart, in no way did he feel that his indignation was unjusified. that's why the character was so popular, because people could identify with the trials and tribulations that he suffered. I know that I can identify with him, and so could most folk.

Believe it or not, although he was promoted as the archetypal "grumpy old man", I did not see him as that, but I saw him as more of a victim of circumstances, and found his "grumpiness"as totally justified. I just wonder how many others thought the same way, but didn't express it because we were conditioned into thinking of him as a grumpy old man and a figure of fun.

His experiences were a prime example of the old saying "When one door shuts another one closes"
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Does this qualify?...People who come in to test drive a vehicle at the used Land Rover Dealership where I work,mess about for ages,negotiate the price then say,"I will have to go away and see if I can afford it."Aaaaargghh!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Crowth » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I find it very annoying when people don't finish their
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby jdcarra » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm

and :lol:
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I dislike people that insist on finishing my ................
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 pm

And another motoring rant.People who switch on their rear fog lamps as soon as a slight mist descends........and leave them on for the next three months!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 pm

These are not rear fog lights L.R. ---these are 'Wally' lights and distinguish the driver from the norm so that you know just exactly what you are following !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 pm

What annoys me are folk who feel the need to put every aspect of their dreary lives on Facebook. I have recently given up on this modern scourge of society but I know too many people who not only tell us what they are about to eat for dinner but add a picture of it too!!!! I find some of the funny or poignant or clever or angry posts by friends to be great but there are others who simply add complete boring nonsense that no-one in their right minds could possibly find interesting. I used to put on things that I thought mattered in the world and I'd get no response but when I posted trivial c**p I had the world and its wife responding.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 am

Able bodied driver`s who park in disabled bays. :x
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 am

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Able bodied driver`s who park in disabled bays. :x

People who don't know how to use an apostrophe!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am

Govangirl wrote:
LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Able bodied driver`s who park in disabled bays. :x

People who don't know how to use an apostrophe!

Nit-picking school teachers.(no misplaced apostrophe there girl)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:41 am

:lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict