First Hundred

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:36 am

Malky wrote:
Gus wrote:I hope so - Dave set me up as a moderator and im happy to help out in any way to keep it going - whats the difference between moderator and admin???

Admin changes the site clock settings........ stuff like that :lol: :lol:

Malky

Or tries to and ends up looking like an eejit!
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Site

Postby Admin3 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:30 am

Perhaps in hindsight I was too quick to remove the posts etc but a) I was concerned at who the poster was (for all we know it could be anyone using another persons name) and b) the first few I read were dubious.

So I removed the name which resulted in Guest and waded my way through 78 posts. Alot of them were okay but I just removed them anyway. :shock: One of the reasons I was cheesed off was there was 78 postings in two hours. The point about Campbeltown being a dump could have been posted on one thread and this could have been the forum for discussion...not made time after time putting old threads back to the top discussions.

I think we will have to have some kind of vetting in place. There are 3 adminstrators just now and we could do with more plus some more Mods for each forum...I have ones in mind! :wink:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad the site is up and running!

Postby dgraves » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:44 pm

Looks like you have a great group of guys volunteering to moderate. I hope this helps keeping the site open. Not that I would be of any help technically, but hey! Every good team needs a cheering sqad, right? You are doing an awesome job!!! Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby MumphysMum » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi folks, I'm happy to help you as a moderator from the continent of England! I'm coming up to town in May, and hope to meet up with David (and wife), so maybe we could have a chat about it in person? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. There will always be "trolls" who try to spoil forums, but hopefully the good folks outweigh the baddies. Its too good a site to see it close, the members list has grown tremendously even since I came on board a couple of weeks ago.
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Previous

Return to General Chit Chat