Children in Need

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Children in Need

Postby odds » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 am

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that this event should never be needed in this country.
We send billions of pounds to other countries to support ridiculous projects to help stop global warming, and yet children in Britain rely on charity handouts just to have a half decent upbringing.
I'm sorry but the rest can feck off as far as I'm concerned cos your own should come first.
This sickening annual event in the name of charity where all the celebs gather in the pretense of actually caring, as long as they get to mention the latest album of course has become a joke.
I witnessed one instance last night where, for charity, some boyband member had beans and eggs poured on his head. He was adorned in a full boiler suit, eye protectors and a bloody head cover. Wow what an inconvenience to go through to boost your sales figures. You might have well just had a cardboard copy of him sat there.
The only reason he was there was to promote album/single .... How about getting these people to do it and insist there is no mention of singles/albums .......... Children in Need show would have no 'celebs'.
Sorry for the negative post, but it just p*sses me off that celebs use these occasions to market their products, and p*sses me off even more that this sort of program exists.
Isn't it ironic that just 24 hours after we send £30 million to aid the people in the Philippines we have a TV Show begging for money to help Children in Need of help in this country .

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Children in Need

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 am

Totally agree with every single word.Well said!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 am

I believe that we still send aid to India.This country now has it's own space programme.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Hope that you do not mind Odds but I have used your post on another site.I am very impressed by the content.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MPR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:56 pm

could not have said it better....
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby EMDEE » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:23 pm

I saw the eggs and beans episode on Friday night, and was thinking about the recent reports on the news about food wastage. This was really pretty infantile humour, and insulting to the public who are expected to part with their money.

In terms of world ranking, this country has slipped down a bit in recent decades, but is still one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and it shouldn't be necessary to have this event very year. However, that's not how it works.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Hope that you do not mind Odds but I have used your post on another site.I am very impressed by the content.

I don't mind at all Roger.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to General Chit Chat