My news

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

My news

Postby MumphysMum » Tue May 03, 2005 10:12 pm

Well, Davie has just asked if anyone has any news... it's "English" news AND it's about football! I have a season ticket for MK Dons (the old Wimbledon team) and Wrexham has lost tonight's game, which means they will be relegated. The fourth team to go down... it's between the Dons, Oldham and Torquay... Hubby and I have already applied for next season's ticket, so I hope we stay up! Other news... I'm in the wee toon next week, can't wait!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

News

Postby Admin3 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Bubbly will have a canary - speaking about football! :wink: :lol:

Yes - how the mighty have fallen - just like Partick Thistle. Anyway, lets not go there... :shock:

Anyone else got any interesting news?
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malky » Tue May 03, 2005 10:50 pm

Well I don't know how newsworthy it is, but I took Monday afternoon off (public holiday and all that!) and took the family to the Scottish Owl Centre. :lol:

It's at the back of the old Witchburn Hospital and run by Rod Angus and family. Rod is an old school friend so I thought I'd go along and support his new venture. It was very enjoyable. Lots more owls than I expected and the flying display was cool 8) 8)

Two bits stood out for me. When Rod stepped forward into the audience and called to the owl which then flew inches over the heads of the kids to his arm That shut the little angels up I can tell you :!: :lol: :lol:

And also when he brought out this enormous owl that really did not want to play ball. It promptly flew up to the chimney pot of the house and totally ignored him for half an hour. All part of the act he kept saying.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The centre is well worth a visit folks :)
I believe it opens properly on 14th May.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Scottish Owl Centre

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 03, 2005 10:54 pm

Yes - I went up and seen Rod the last week there to get some information off him.

It looks really impressive and will be a huge attraction for locals and visitors alike. Anyone who has visited has been well impressed. :lol: 8)

I have still to get the photos etc but I do hope these come soon so I can set-up a page and highlight the Centre for him.

David
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Tue May 03, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

canary

Postby bubbly jock » Tue May 03, 2005 11:11 pm

English football!! What an exciting life you and hubby lead. Do tell us more and remember to post it before you put it in your diary we need to know right away especially the colour of your season tickets and what you will be wearing and what you eat before the big game. Can't wait.

bubbly jock
bubbly jock

Re: canary

Postby Malky » Tue May 03, 2005 11:15 pm

bubbly jock wrote:...and what you eat before the big game.

bubbly jock

Pies....... surely :lol: :lol:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bubbly jock » Tue May 03, 2005 11:34 pm

Pies....... surely :lol: :lol:

Malky[/quote]

Mmm what a delicacy before the "entertainment" :? :roll:
bubbly jock

Postby Admin3 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:34 pm

bubbly jock wrote:English football!! What an exciting life you and hubby lead. Do tell us more and remember to post it before you put it in your diary we need to know right away especially the colour of your season tickets and what you will be wearing and what you eat before the big game. Can't wait.

bubbly jock

And what do you and Mrs Jock get up to that is so exciting? Or is it Mr Jock? :lol:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

dons

Postby bubbly jock » Wed May 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Davie the last time I looked it was Mr jock and I will indulge you this one time and talk about football outwith the sports section.

Wimbeldon "ground shared" for a while after they sold their own ground. Lack of finances must have bit harder because they then patrolled the home counties looking for a community that would support a team of their "calibre" and ended up in milton keynes. As the results got poorer they dropped a division and their choices dropped with it. Don't know what will happen next year when they find themselves in the coference :D

At least wrexham accepted the 10 point reduction an fought on without stravaiging the home counties looking for a base.

Is vinnie jones still playing for the dons :D :D :D

I pass the time walking, hiking, golfing, watching rugby, cricket, eating, drinking, birdwatching and if I am really stuck for someting to do I may glance at the football page of the Herald.
bubbly jock

Interesting

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed May 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Bubbly,

I wasn't asking you to indulge in a football discussion :shock: just looking for info on what you get up to that is so exciting...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I know! :wink: :lol:

'p'
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Yer faither!

Postby Admin3 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:08 pm

Mumphysmum,

Can you see yer da' in the photo of the week?

http://www.campbeltown.info/images/Camp-Loch-25.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MumphysMum » Wed May 04, 2005 9:11 pm

aye, it's lovely thanks.... am just on the phone to him and am telling him! thanks!!!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby MumphysMum » Sat May 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Here's a message for Bubbly Jock... well it's footies big day today... thanks for providing the others with the Dons old Wimbledon history... it's all in the maths today, see mkdons.co.uk for all the permutations between us and Torquay and Oldham! I won't be eating any pies, not sure what I'll be wearing, 'tis a bit showery so guess a mac of some sort will be appropriate. "If you love the Dons stand up", "Danny Wilson's Womble Army clap clap clap clap", yes "clap", ok I'll stop now. :P
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

clap

Postby bubbly jock » Sat May 07, 2005 10:34 pm

I don't think there will be many clapping or standing up for that wee english nonentity. The only clapping we'll hear is the conference accepting another clapped out team who can't make the grade. Hope the weather gets better for your visit to the toon. :D :D

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby MumphysMum » Sat May 07, 2005 11:26 pm

Bubbly Jock! We won! Gareth Edds scored 2 goals, we're still in league one - it was a good game! I hear it's been cold in the toon as well as in MK the past few days, so thanks, I hope it will be a wee bit warmer by Wednesday!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to General Chit Chat