Charity Run across Russia

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Charity Run across Russia

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu May 12, 2005 11:01 pm

Received an e-mail asking if I could highlight this. Rob's e-mail address below?

First one to contact me regarding an advert or something like that - I'll donate the money to the charity....

01880 820440 07712 828106
rob@argyllsoftware.co.uk

12 May 2005
Dear

I’d like to ask for your support for a long-distance run I’m doing this summer - a sponsored run for the benefit of a very worthwhile good cause. The run is being organised by The World Race Trust and is an extended relay across Russia, from Vladivostock to St Petersburg, spread over 15 weeks from 28 May to 8 September this year. The total distance is about 7000 miles, which works out at about 78 miles per day based on a 6-day week.

I’m taking part for two weeks (4-18 June), along a section of route parallel to the Amur river and the Trans-Siberian railway, passing through Khabarovsk, Birobidjan and Blagoveshchensk.

I shall be part of a relay team of 6 runners, each of us doing 12½ miles (roughly a half-marathon) per day.

The fund-raising is for the benefit of homeless, orphaned and “street” children in Russia. There are currently about 2 million of them, so the needs are immense. Unfortunately, this is a cause which never hits the headlines in the way that wars or natural disasters do.

The sponsorship money will be used in projects which benefit orphans and homeless children, mostly on or near the route of the run. Distribution of the funds will be handled by the Charities Aid Foundation, through their Moscow branch.

As regards expenses - I have to pay my own travel and accommodation costs, so virtually all the funds raised can be used for the benefit of the children in need.

Suggested sponsorship level - it’s entirely up to you; all contributions will be gratefully received. Please make your cheque out to The World Race Trust and send it to me at Achnacarnan. And let me know if you’d like a receipt.

Thank you very much,

For full details, please have a look at:
www.theworldrace.com

Note. If you are a taxpayer, your donation qualifies for the Inland Revenue Gift Aid scheme which adds 28% to the value of your gift, so I am enclosing a Gift Aid declaration.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to General Chit Chat