Wild Cat at Beachmenoch?

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Wild Cat at Beachmenoch?

Postby linda » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:26 pm

Just wondering if anyone has seen a wild cat up that way lately? Floory and Caroline were going to the caravan on Friday night and as they passed the middle caravan and headed toward their own they had to stop when a very large object came out of the bracken and ran in front of the car. It was black with shining eyes and was the size of a large dog. It leaped towards the main road and after that they didn't see it again.

At the shop in Musedale today the were telling Iain and his wife and they said that they had a couple in last week who spotted it as well. So Malky you will need to keep your eyes opened just in case you see it as well. Hopefully somebody can keep the Floorys posted on this creature. Malky still trying to work out what Kerri saw this morning, thought it was a minks but dad said it wasn't when she described it to him tonight, all i know is that Margaret seen it as well and it seemed to go into that large hole at the bottom of the road, just at the post near the goalpost.

Wont be up for a while so hopefully you can keep us up to date through the site.
linda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:44 pm

Quite a few folk have seen the large black cat now, Linda. It's been seen at Killean too. I haven't seen it yet myself.

By the way, there is a lot of mink on these shore fields. They're a black colour and I've seen them popping in and out of the rabbit burrows down there.
They've practically cleaned out all the ground nesting birds :cry: :cry:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

cats

Postby bubbly jock » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:44 pm

Linda

If you mean a Big Cat the link below might be of interest to the couple who saw it. I've added the link for Wild Cats (different creature) as well

bubbly

http://www.bigcats.org/abc/sightings/by ... rgyll.html

http://www.yptenc.org.uk/docs/factsheet ... _cats.html
bubbly jock

Postby petewick » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:04 pm

Heard from a friend who saw a large feline type creature run across the road halfway between Clachan and Kennacraig at twilight about 4 years ago.
Petewick
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:10 am

Linda

Funny thing was when I spent a few days up at the caravan the shore line was littered with cat paw prints and was sure that in the middle of the night I heard something jumping the board at the back of the fenced off area.

Also when Rooster was up cutting the grass I mentioned to him that there was a lump of black keech behind the caravan beside the board. He said that Floory had dogs up at the weekend but it did not look like dogs. I scooped it in to a bag and dumped it beside the fishing box.

See Malky the fun you miss whilst you are on holidays.

I have only been back in the toon twice this year and spotted traces of wild cats both times. The first was when I was mountain biking up at Crosshill Loch and spotted something wandering around the top of the hill at the opposite bank. It was definitely not a dog and was quite feline in its appearance. Was about 4 foot long and two foot high.

Never mentioned anything as thought people would reckon I had been smoking some of Amsterdams finest. :D
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bubbly jock » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 am

Wee Toon Ajax wrote:Linda

It was definitely not a dog and was quite feline in its appearance. Was about 4 foot long and two foot high

W.T.A.

The Scottish Wild Cat only grows to just over two feet and that is from head to tip of tail.

Don't you mean a Big Cat as in the ones that are supposed to roam Argyll. Why don't you report it. They are looking for evidence and sightings for their research. You can e-mail the following address anonymously if you want to report it

scottishbigcats@bigcats.org

Don't tell them about the Amsterdam stuff

bubbly
bubbly jock

Return to General Chit Chat