Hello

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:53 pm

Gale wrote:The turkey has a satirical wit. Keeps the forum sharp. When he gobbles, talk back! Don't be intimidated.

yes, I've read all your postings, he must be worried!

read all your postings

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Gale wrote:The turkey has a satirical wit. Keeps the forum sharp. When he gobbles, talk back! Don't be intimidated.

I posted to get an answer to a question I've asked of admin. "Can you be tracked without registering?" YOU have just answered it. Thanks.

Re: read all your postings

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I posted to get an answer to a question I've asked of admin. "Can you be tracked without registering?" YOU have just answered it. Thanks.

I don't know who posted the previous reply but I didn't read the above that way.

Anyway, back to your question. Can you be tracked without registering?

Depends on what you mean by tracked. If you are registered and you post from the same PC , unregistered, then a trace through the admin site can show your posting from the same IP address :shock:

Likewise people with multiple registration can be found with the same trace.

However, I'm the only one with this facility and I don't bother using it very often. A couple of times in the boards infancy it was abused and I used it then but I don't bother now.

If you are all well behaved then thers is no need! :lol: :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:59 pm

Sorry Davie, Gale I was kidding - how could I?

TWM

Postby Gale » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:32 pm

Went on a tangent :roll: ! I see you meant all the previous posts above, TWM, just read it wrong. Sorry.
Gale

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:08 pm

no what ah ment wus that I hudney seen your name attached to postings haranging BJ - I wus bein sarcastic - :lol:

hudney seen your name

Postby Gale » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:no what ah ment wus that I hudney seen your name attached to postings haranging BJ - I wus bein sarcastic - :lol:

:lol: Yep, this pseudonym business could be fun once you get used to it. My problem is that I over think things sometimes. Bubbly and I have had our rounds.
Gale

Postby Neil » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:13 am

///////////////////////
Last edited by Neil on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Marge » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:32 am

Hello
Marge

Postby Bart » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:34 am

Not bad idea this and certainly the first forum I have ever been on that has even considered having an open area.
Bart

Postby Marengo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:59 pm

Aye but just wait to the bar stewards start abusing it.....a football one I was involved at one time got wrecked...but, of course the knind of people that read this forum would not get involved in anything like that :roll: :D

'Mon The Wee Toon...........
Marengo

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:52 pm

Bart wrote:Not bad idea this and certainly the first forum I have ever been on that has even considered having an open area.

This is just a wee test Bart to see if people will post who are not registered. However, I'll close it soon as I'm not taking the risk of leaving the forum open. Had a couple of incidents early on which means you have to be registered and validated before you can post. Good move though as the forum has been well conducted since.

Anyway, why not register and post? I'll not disclose who wanyone is (if for some reason I can suss it out). Then again if you are thick like me you'll register under your own name! :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:52 pm

"Then again if you are thick like me you'll register under your own name!"
.......thats a silly thing to do davie :?

who

Postby Neil » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:58 pm

would register in their own name..?,dear me.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to General Chit Chat