Kites in Kintyre

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Kites in Kintyre

Postby Owain (TK) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:30 pm

Hi!
I just registered but I am awaiting my username to be activated. I noticed you were looking for information about the kite festival being held in Campbeltown this weekend.

I run a kiting website and we will be coming over to take part. As far as I can work out it will not be a free for all, its mostly going to be display teams doing there thing in a roped off area.

We will be doing a display with traction kiting (more info can be found on our site). We have one of Scotlands best land boarders coming with us and a number of buggiers. If the conditions are right you will be able to watch the team doing 2 wheel tricks, going airborne and lots more. We will also be free for anyone to talk to about the sport we take part in.

Hope to you there.

Owain.

www.tractionkiting.co.uk
Dedicated to promoting the sport in Scotland.
Owain (TK)

Kite Festival

Postby Sooothender » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:51 pm

Don't know about anyone else but the festival doesn't appear to have been well advertised despite the fact that seems to be a major event??

Read in the courier a couple of times this was happening but little up around the town about it or in the village about it (??).
Sooothender

Postby Owain » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:55 pm

We were down 3 weekends ago just checking out the flying site and we noticed lots of posters in shop windows all over Campbeltown, I think the problem is they are only small posters and not very bright or eye catching.

I have posted in the local news thread as I am now registered :)

O.
www.tractionkiting.co.uk
Promoting Traction Kiting in Scotland
Owain
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Bri » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:57 pm

So is there much more than just kites? Like stalls etc?
Bri

Postby Owain » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:17 pm

As far as I know there may be some stalls but mostly with a kite them. "Kites" is a very wide subject and I am sure a lot of you will be thinking the diamond shaped things that don’t do much more than fly in the sky.
There will be kites large enough to pull a personal along the ground and off the ground; there will be stunt kites and also large kites that people have built. Well worth the day out!

I’m not one of the organisers; all I am doing is trying to promote the festival as much as possible so that we can hopefully make this an annual festival as Scotland does not have many kite festivals unlike down south.

I was invited down with our team to demonstrate traction kiting and also give people information about kites, buggies and land boards as we are agents for Ozone Kites (www.flyozone.com) and Trampa mountain boards (www.trampaboards.com). If you have any more questions I will try my best to answer them before we leave tomorrow night for Campbeltown.

O.
www.tractionkiting.co.uk
Owain
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Owain » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:56 am

The TK Team will not be at the festival until late Saturday night now, we should arrive about 7pm and be ready for the Sunday.

Maybe see some of you at the festival on Sunday.

O.
www.tractionkiting.co.uk
Owain
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Marengo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:14 am

Great to have such an event coming to Campbeltown...hope it is well supported by us locals.

Kites are MAAAAAAAAAAGIC!!

Mind you, have always had terrible trouble even getting one off the ground masel'!

Fresh enough today for them......
Marengo

Return to General Chit Chat