I love Campbeltown

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

I love Campbeltown

Postby Paul McCartney » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:11 pm

I've been scooting around the Wee Toon all morning in my fancy vehicle. Heather is with me........

Must go see how the Picture House is doing........................and maybe search out DavieP :wink:
Paul McCartney

Postby Pink Floyd » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi Paul, Dave Gilmour here.

The band has been chillin out on Sanda since Live 8, why don't you pop over to see us.

P.S. bring some of your home grown.
Pink Floyd

Postby Thewetman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi Paul,

Got yon bus, got yon bakki, , lets go for a majikal mistori toor then.
Thewetman
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LO » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:04 pm

Thewetman wrote:Hi Paul,

Got yon bus, got yon bakki, , lets go for a majikal mistori toor then.

Ah! Mr Bloodvessel, I presume?!?
LO
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ray Davies of The Kinks » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:57 pm

We were a lot better than the Beatles dontcha know! knocked Paperback Writer off No1 spot after only ONE week with Sunny Afternoon..and it was No1 when England won the World Cup.

But fair play to you Paul, good writer, decent singer....enjoy Campbeltown.

Wont bother telling the readers what my brother Dave and Mick Avory called you..........

Davie P will be home from work soon and remove all this....... he should just leave it on.......ALL Day.............and all of the night :wink:
Ray Davies of The Kinks

Postby p » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:12 pm

naw I'll naw cause I was thinking of starting a Guest Book and leave it open so the likes of Paul, Dangerous Dave, Ray and the Wetman can sign i! ;-)
p

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:18 pm

Away back to suthen-on-sea, Ray Davies indeed, if your Ray Davies answer this - "where did they take your Baby"

world cup

Postby guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:45 pm

Ray Davies of The Kinks wrote:when England won the World Cup.

But fair play

Talking about fair play Isn't it time the truth about what really happened in 66 was told to the generation who have grown up in England since then.

Every game was played at their home stadium, no other country would have the cheek to do that.

The Russian linesman's granny was an Englander and forty years on that poor pathetic race south of the border are still boasting about their"win". Today this would be classed as cheating and they may have to wait another forty years before the same circumstances can be cooked up to help them cheat again.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:08 pm

:roll: :?: :roll: :?

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:34 pm

I love english football, its a hoora funny, how can anyone give a toss about 66, its a curse on English football that they will never live up to. Why let it get on yer wick?

There's a wile smell o chips an soor grapes in here,

Postby guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:04 pm

It doesn't really get on my wick but don't you think it is sad that so many have been brought up to think of with this fallacy as something that was a wonderful achievment to aspire to when in reality it is very false.

Suppose you are right it is their curse Just a shame the commentators mention it every time the red and white strip gets aired. At least they play in the right colours unlike the cricket team they still need the blue of scotland in their attire to make them secure. Maybe it is the lack of identity keeps them from going it alone in red and white.

Postby Ray Davies of The Kinks » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:25 pm

Hmmm :?: they took my baby....you really got me...on that one, see Raymond Douglas has written many songs...can quite remember them all...might just have a look at my own rather strange autobiography, X Ray, which I am re-reading right now.

But I'm not quite sure how we got onto the merits of England's World Cup win.....England won and that's that...and we were number 1 at the time... and our best song yet was just around the corner.........hey, wait a minute, if England win again next summer we could re-release.....and you know hoot? they just might.......... :wink:
Ray Davies of The Kinks

You are Dickie Daves

Postby I AM RAY DAVIES » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:46 pm

They took my baby to Hollaway Jail,
They locked My Baby in Hollaway Jail,
There aint no pity, there aint no Bail,
But she assures me its a livin Hell,

From the Album Muswell Hillbillies 1976 ish - major sales flop excellent album
I AM RAY DAVIES

Postby Neil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:30 pm

////////////////////////////
Last edited by Neil on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ross » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:14 am

How do macca, nice land rover whats james up to not seen him around for ages
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to General Chit Chat