Just dont call me a 'Southerner' arrgh!

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Postby morenish » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:29 pm

oh hell sanyana, mrs morenish was nearly dancing wi excitment when i stertit readin thon post, but when it got to the bit aboot "around or slightly below the govt minimum" dhia,dhia, man do ye think fremers are made o money?
money AND food yer wantin!

oh no,no,no, i have already spoken to big alex and as he's in for a wee lick o paint(on his boat!) the orphans are bein sent up to do the hay,i'm no chargin alex all that much for feedin them either as he's a kinda frien o a frien o a frien.

as for "in" jokes chris, it's no joke takin money offa towrists, money should neffer be laughd at, unless they go home withoot any he he.

but chust you come on up in december an am sure these kindly toonies'll look efter ye no bother, mind you theres only 2 oh them!
(kindly wans)

as for all carradale bein tourists, theres certainly more o them than us, in fact sombody said "they'll be askin who we are"
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

The Wee Toon

Postby Right Pongal » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:49 pm

You know what the old folk of Waterfoot used to say of the 'Toonies'.

'They'd steal the eyes oot yer heid, then come back for yer blinkers'. Yes, in the 1900s, the good people of Carradale had to endure both the early Toonies (Some of whom were descended from the Leprechauns) and the 4th generation Bocans.

But don't worry Chris. That was many, many moons ago, and the Wee Toon is certainly much more Pongal these days, indeed positively multi-cultural. It just goes to show you, some people even want to move from Carradale to the Toon to improve their quality of life!

There you are now: their even talking about painting the well weathered and seasoned timbers of their splendid vessels!

When you get there, see if you can spot 'The Lily of the Fleet'.
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Previous

Return to General Chit Chat