Just dont call me a 'Southerner' arrgh!

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

WC

Postby Bochan Mor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:20 pm

bubbly jock wrote:And as for you WC you would benefit from a good flushing now and then

bubbly Sept 2005

Aye, bubbly, everytime I see that nom-de-blooms, it reminds of Campbeltown Loch.

It could be much worse, he could be number 2!
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

WC

Postby Sanyanya » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:24 pm

Is this Gary's nom-de-plume, as in dog WC?
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Neil » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:33 pm

The liver is evil it must be punished.

Neil2005@20:30

Time for that great british past time methinks....off to the pub.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby WC1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:50 am

"The retort courteous . . the reply churlish" Shakespeare (As You Like It)
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: WC

Postby GarySutherland » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:02 am

Sanyanya wrote:Is this Gary's nom-de-plume, as in dog WC?

I had one of those but the wheels fell orf.

Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby morenish » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:16 pm

when did landrover make a nom-de-plume garry?

and why have all those carradrolians hijacked this poor mans thread?
all he wanted to know was if he came here would he find any humans?
so far i think he's looking at a holiday in the south of france'

if and i do mean IF he makes it here he's either very brave or hoooora( gaidhlic: meaning a lot!) stupid.

however i would like to invite him and his family if he has any to a bale gathering, possibly within the next few weeks, weather permitting.it's great fun an if you haena tried it you've jeest naw lived, it involves throwin wee light bales onto a wee low trailer, terrific fun, mrs morenish jeest loves it.

see a canna keep speakin english for very long, started off ok but...........
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:23 pm

I think the wheels are about the only things *not* to have fallen off my Landrover at some time or another. Ah, the joys of living with Solihull workmanship.

Now if I can just find half an hour tomorrow to rewire the alternator and sort out the ignition timing I'll be away!

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Haymaker

Postby Sanyanya » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:18 pm

Dear Mr Morenish,

I would like to take this opportunity to formally apply, along with at least 4 of my nearest and dearest (including my horse), for the temporary post of hay-harvester general.

Amongst the five of us, we have well in excess of 100 years of hay making experience. We are willing to toil for a rate around or slightly below the Govt. minimum, as long as you can provide full board and lodgings, including hay for the horse 'Preparation H' and Old Bogey Roll for my grandmother and anti-histomines and plenty of packets of Rennies for Dirty Eonghas.

We accept that the Pale Ale shandies won't be distributed until 7.30pm at the earliest and that the hearty breakfast of poached eggs and fried potato will be presented by Mrs Morenish at 6.30am sharp. We further agree that we will not partake of any further refreshment during the working day, other than that served up by the aforementioned Mrs Morenish, who will be treated with the utmost courtesy & respect by both genders.

It is also understood that lunch will be served in the field so to speak with Bun's best rolls spread with Mr Morenish's homemade butter and bramble jelly, rounded off with a slice of apple or rhubarb tart, depending on which is available.

A word to the wise though, please avoid providing any barley or grape based spirits, as they will have a definite negative affect on my sisters ability to safely steer your shiny red tractor. She cannot wait to get her hands on your well polished gear shift and firm but smooth actioned throttle lever for a second time.

Like yourself, the young fellow's clutch control is impaired by his dodgy leg, so I have rigged a trap ahint the pony to avoid any complications. His most recent employment as green-keeper came to a premature end after the gentlemen golfers complained about the horse shoe gouges in the well manicured greens.

They just seemed unwilling to accept that the organic fertiliser that he was encouraging the horse to apply at the time was in their best interests in the longer term.

We will all appear at your door sometime before midnight tomorrow, complete with all our educational certificates: Highers, degrees etc.

You will recognise me as the one with one sleeve longer than the other. Everyone used to think it was a fault in my mother's knitting pattern, but infact, it was because that was the hand that I used to guddle the troot with!

Oops, did I say that?
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:23 pm

For anyone visiting this website who doesn't live here can I just reassure you, life really is every bit as weird and surreal as it appears to be from these messages...

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ChrisA » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:57 pm

morenish wrote:when did landrover make a nom-de-plume garry?

and why have all those carradrolians hijacked this poor mans thread?
all he wanted to know was if he came here would he find any humans?
so far i think he's looking at a holiday in the south of france'

if and i do mean IF he makes it here he's either very brave or hoooora( gaidhlic: meaning a lot!) stupid.

however i would like to invite him and his family if he has any to a bale gathering, possibly within the next few weeks, weather permitting.it's great fun an if you haena tried it you've jeest naw lived, it involves throwin wee light bales onto a wee low trailer, terrific fun, mrs morenish jeest loves it.

see a canna keep speakin english for very long, started off ok but...........

:shock:

Too many 'in' jokes in there I'm afraid. Hence two people laughing and everyone else scratching thelr poor, ill informed heads.

So, do I take it there's a distrust/dislike of tourists there? Or is the whole thing some kind of mad ironical mess? Do tell :wink:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Admin3 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:28 pm

ChrisA wrote: Or is the whole thing some kind of mad ironical mess? Do tell :wink:

I think this sums it up Chris :lol:

With regards, your questions in the first place:-

1) Where's the best pub for a good boozy natter with the locals? (Music/Football/Kintyre tradition,heritage etc)

There is a healthy selection of pubs in Campbeltown and you may bump into a few work Christmas parties! :shock: Would say try The Commercial - probably Campbeltown's busiest pub during the week and all round good atmosphere. In addition any of the pubs in the Burnside Square are good too - the Burnside in particular has a nice lounge and public bar. The Feathers Inn is a lively place at the weekend. Whisky Macs behind Woolworths is another all round good boozer and Craig and the regulars will see you alright. If you like a wee wander then try the Davaar Bar which is situated over the Esplanade and recently refrubished. As you can see I don't often go to the pub but perhaps others can add to this. :wink:

2) What's the weather like in December? My missus is expecting (hoping for) snow, I reckon that a bit of wind and rain is about all we will get!

If it does snow it doesn't lie for long because of our situation - sea everywhere! Hopefully there will be some cold frost clear days for you!

3) Is there really any chance of catching Macca in a bar? (Where I live, we get Mick Hucknall Count yourselves lucky!

No - although he was here recently...

4) What time does it go dark in December? IE - what time will I need to set off driving from Manc, in order to get to Kintyre pre blackout? Or, should I be a lightweight and stop off overnight at say, Dumbarton? (I will have my two young daughters in tow, see)

Round about the back of 4.
Last edited by Admin3 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ChrisA » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:37 pm

Admin3 wrote:[quote="ChrisA] Or is the whole thing some kind of mad ironical mess? Do tell :wink:

I think this sums it up Chris :lol:

With regards, your questions in the first place:-

1) Where's the best pub for a good boozy natter with the locals? (Music/Football/Kintyre tradition,heritage etc)

There is a healthy selection of pubs in Campbeltown and you may bump into a few work Christmas parties! :shock: Would say try The Commercial - probably Campbeltown's busiest pub during the week and all round good atmosphere. In addition any of the pubs in the Burnside Square are good too - the Burnside in particular has a nice lounge and public bar. The Feathers Inn is a lively place at the weekend. Whisky Macs behind Woolworths is another all round good boozer and Craig and the regulars will see you alright. If you like a wee wander then try the Davaar Bar which is situated over the Esplanade and recently refrubished. As you can see I don't often go to the pub but perhaps others can add to this. :wink:

2) What's the weather like in December? My missus is expecting (hoping for) snow, I reckon that a bit of wind and rain is about all we will get!

If it does snow it doesn't lie for long because of our situation - sea everywhere! Hopefully there will be some cold frost clear days for you!

3) Is there really any chance of catching Macca in a bar? (Where I live, we get Mick Hucknall Count yourselves lucky!

No - although he was here recently...

4) What time does it go dark in December? IE - what time will I need to set off driving from Manc, in order to get to Kintyre pre blackout? Or, should I be a lightweight and stop off overnight at say, Dumbarton? (I will have my two young daughters in tow, see)

Round about the back of 4.[/quote]

Thanks Admin. Was getting a bit worried there! :?
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:45 pm

ChrisA wrote:So, do I take it there's a distrust/dislike of tourists there?

Good grief no :!: Without tourists there would be nobody to fleece.

Anyway, in Carradale they're nearly all tourists now :P

Chris, best to travel down the West road and go no further than Campbeltown - stay away from the Dark side..... erm I mean the East side if you can :shock:

Oh, and check any map of Kintyre - on the East side it just says... Here be Bochans.........

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:16 am

Absolutely! Tourist's are a 'cash crop'.

I wonder what it'd cost to have a few 'Bochans Crossing' signs made up and planted round the place...

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ChrisA » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 am

Er, ok, yeah thanks :?

PS. No point in anyone 'fleecing' me, Ise be a mere pitworker from the North western plains :wink:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat