Carbon monoxide poisoning awareness week

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Carbon monoxide poisoning awareness week

Postby Tom B » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am

Got sent this - www.co-awareness.org

"My name is Lynn Griffiths, I am President of CO-Awareness, a non-profit organisation, and founder of CO-Awareness Week. I work 40+ hours a week as an unpaid volunteer. Our details are listed in the N.H.S keep well, Keep warm booklet. My children and I were poisoned by carbon monoxide (CO) so we know only too well the devastating effects this silent killer can have on family life. CO-Awareness support those poisoned by CO, their families and careers. Nobody at CO-Awareness is paid a salary.
I am writing to enlist your support for this year's Carbon Monoxide (CO)-Awareness Week, which will take place week starting Monday 17th November 2008, launch event from House of Lords, our home coming event will be in Liverpool. During the week we will travel throughout the U. K. We would be delighted if you could back our efforts by doing something to raise awareness about carbon monoxide (CO) during this years CO-Awareness week to show your supporting our CO-Awareness Campaign.
We believe knowledge is the key to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning is education. In most cases of accidental poisonings, victims don't realise that CO was being produced or building up in the air they were breathing. Everyone needs to know about the dangers of CO and how to protect themselves from this silent killer. The older generation, those with heart, lung problems, pregnant mothers, unborn babies, and young children are all particularly vulnerable to CO dangers. The general public, medical profession (including testing at post-mortems) and industry need to take this issue more seriously. In addition, 97,400 (census 2001) children under the age of 16 look after their loved ones at home, and the National Curriculum could do so much more to teach children about CO as a key life skill.
We would like R.S.L's, letting agents, builders, mortgage lenders, press and T.V to all do something to raise awareness about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning during this year’s CO-Awareness Week. To help make their area a safer place to live. Please do let us know if you can do something to help us raise awareness about the dangers of this silent killer in 2008? Why not do a little extra to help raise awareness about Carbon Monoxide during CO-Awareness Week 2008. Last year:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2007/gnnnw12407.htm
CO-Awareness Week seeks to raise and promote CO awareness but with your help we can reach an even wider audience this year. We are playing our part but we are also looking to you to support our campaign. Why not join the other many organisations and use our logo during CO-Awareness week 2008 and help us Stamp out the Silent Killer?
Anyone wishing to attend any of our venues should contact us via the details below:
CO-Awareness Week 2008 venues
*Monday 17th November. House of Lord by invitation only
*Tuesday 18th November. Northern Ireland Assembly
*Wednesday 19th November. Welsh Assembly
*Thursday 20th November. Scottish Parliament
*Friday 21st November. Council Chambers Liverpool
*Any organisation making a reasonable donation to help fund our CO-Awareness Week events will have their logo on press packs and banner at all events.
Please forward this email and attachments on to anyone you can think of who may like to support this event
Regards
Lynn Lynn Griffiths. CO-Awareness President Website: www.co-awareness.org Mob: 07715899296 CO-Awareness Week 2008 starts Monday 17th November 2008. If you require more information about this year's events or would just like to offer a kind donation please call us on 07715899296."
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Carbon monoxide poisoning awareness week

Postby sooze » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:50 pm

I was poisoned by carbon monoxide once and it was a dreadful experience. I was lucky that the rest of the family was not affected but I ended up in hospital.

Sooze
sooze
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Carbon monoxide poisoning awareness week

Postby fourdivisions » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:57 am

Tom B wrote:Got sent this - http://www.co-awareness.org

"My name is Lynn Griffiths, I am President of CO-Awareness, a non-profit organisation, and founder of CO-Awareness Week. I work 40+ hours a week as an unpaid volunteer. Our details are listed in the N.H.S keep well, Keep warm booklet. My children and I were poisoned by carbon monoxide (CO) so we know only too well the devastating effects this silent killer can have on family life. CO-Awareness support those poisoned by CO, their families and careers. Nobody at CO-Awareness is paid a salary.
I am writing to enlist your support for this year's Carbon Monoxide (CO)-Awareness Week, which will take place week starting Monday 17th November 2008, launch event from House of Lords, our home coming event will be in Liverpool. During the week we will travel throughout the U. K. We would be delighted if you could back our efforts by doing something to raise awareness about carbon monoxide (CO) during this years CO-Awareness week to show your supporting our CO-Awareness Campaign.
We believe knowledge is the key to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning is education. In most cases of accidental poisonings, victims don't realise that CO was being produced or building up in the air they were breathing. Everyone needs to know about the dangers of CO and how to protect themselves from this silent killer. The older generation, those with heart, lung problems, pregnant mothers, unborn babies, and young children are all particularly vulnerable to CO dangers. The general public, medical profession (including testing at post-mortems) and industry need to take this issue more seriously. In addition, 97,400 (census 2001) children under the age of 16 look after their loved ones at home, and the National Curriculum could do so much more to teach children about CO as a key life skill.
We would like R.S.L's, letting agents, builders, mortgage lenders, press and T.V to all do something to raise awareness about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning during this year’s CO-Awareness Week. To help make their area a safer place to live. Please do let us know if you can do something to help us raise awareness about the dangers of this silent killer in 2008? Why not do a little extra to help raise awareness about Carbon Monoxide during CO-Awareness Week 2008. Last year:
http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2007/gnnnw12407.htm
CO-Awareness Week seeks to raise and promote CO awareness but with your help we can reach an even wider audience this year. We are playing our part but we are also looking to you to support our campaign. Why not join the other many organisations and use our logo during CO-Awareness week 2008 and help us Stamp out the Silent Killer?
Anyone wishing to attend any of our venues should contact us via the details below:
CO-Awareness Week 2008 venues
*Monday 17th November. House of Lord by invitation only
*Tuesday 18th November. Northern Ireland Assembly
*Wednesday 19th November. Welsh Assembly
*Thursday 20th November. Scottish Parliament
*Friday 21st November. Council Chambers Liverpool
*Any organisation making a reasonable donation to help fund our CO-Awareness Week events will have their logo on press packs and banner at all events.
Please forward this email and attachments on to anyone you can think of who may like to support this event
Regards
Lynn Lynn Griffiths. CO-Awareness President Website: http://www.co-awareness.org Mob: 07715899296 CO-Awareness Week 2008 starts Monday 17th November 2008. If you require more information about this year's events or would just like to offer a kind donation please call us on 07715899296."

Proper air testing can prevent the concentration of toxic air in our environment. Absence of proper air testing solutions causes asthma, breathing problem, cancer, heart diseases. In this case, air testing in buildings is also necessary for everyone because it measures indoor air and air testing services generate final reports with indoor air quality and presentation process.
fourdivisions
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to General Chit Chat