Speed Cameras

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Speed Cameras

Postby Neco » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:19 pm

Thought you would find this useful, please read on:

Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that we didn't know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following address

http://www.e-database.co.uk/

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a password link and you will be given one for future use.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph. This photo will come in handy if you challenge any charges.
Neco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby MumphysMum » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Oh my goodness! I just told my hubby that my car was recorded doing 81.2 mph and he was amazed cos I've never gone that fast in my little car!!!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Speed Cameras

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Neco wrote:Thought you would find this useful, please read on:

Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that we didn't know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following address

http://www.e-database.co.uk/

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a password link and you will be given one for future use.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph. This photo will come in handy if you challenge any charges.
Could not believe how accurate this was, you can even make out the colour of the eyes. Amazing.... :oops:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 am

Truely accurate information Amazing !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John A » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:47 am

unbelievable my 1975 massey ferguson 135 has been caught :shock: hell of a wind at my back right enough :!:
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby MumphysMum » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:38 pm

I believe that amron was also caught speeding (shock) but is too shy to admit it publicly!!! :oops:
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby MumphysMum » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:41 pm

I believe that amron was also caught speeding (shock) but is too shy to admit it publicly!!! :oops:
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby amron » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:53 am

Hey Mumphysmum, I am not to shy to admit it publicly I was in shock at my wee car getting clocked at by the camera. Thank goodness the L plates were off. :shock: The pictures are so clear.
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby morenish » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:42 am

oh just brilliant!
now mrs morenish read the thing over my shoulder and asked what the hell i was doing in cambridge!?!?
i told her id just been to the perth sale, but as the first of my ex wives lives in cambridge she added 2+2 = 10 and has now started divorce procedings!
thank you very much...not!
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to General Chit Chat