Counting sheep

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Counting sheep

Postby MumphysMum » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:54 pm

What do members do when they wake up in the night and just can't get back to sleep?
I was awake for 3 1/2 hours last night and tossed and turned, I got back to sleep about an hour or so before I was due to get up for work, so I've felt lousy all day. I did consider getting up at 4am to post this message but remembered I'd read of things not to do before going to bed to help with sleep, e.g. don't watch tv, don't use a computer etc...
The reason I awoke was because one of our dogs (Mumphy) has been diagnosed with an enlarged heart and is now taking heart tablets and water tablets so she wakes me at night when she needs to go out to the garden... normally I can get back to sleep but not last night. Don't know how you parents cope!
I'm going to my bed now and will read for a while, nothing too stimulating... Harry Potter...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

counting sheep

Postby mary,queen of everything » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 am

Here I listen to talk radio call in shows, very entertaining. One night a time traveller from the year 2022 called in to say he was a marine from the future visiting our time to pick up some parts for a 1982 IBM computer. ( why I dont know) People with poltergeists call in quite often looking for excorsists. and of course the half human half alien people who want to breed the master race. Only problem with talk radio is not being able to stay awake long enough to hear all the rest of the paranormal goings on. If I am reallly wide awake I listen to republican ( Bush lovers) call in shows, these people are downright brainwashed.
MQOE
mary,queen of everything
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to General Chit Chat