E.mail Addresses ?

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

E.mail Addresses ?

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Out of the current 395 members at present, why is it that only 71, (that is under 18%) show their E.mail addresses, what are they hiding, is this why there is so much bickering going on, between certain members.
Just asking,,,,i was curious, and before you tell me, i know. My cat has been dead for a long time. ......And it was not curiosity that caused it.....Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:34 pm

Ninja,

There are probably a number of reasons why people choose not to display their e-mail address - probably one of the biggest reasons is to keep it private and to avoid it being in the public domain.

We can all use Private Messages if we wish to contact each other. :wink:

Early on I thought about setting up a contacts page of people who wanted their details listed - a bit like the old midge's page - but I don't know if it would be feasible to maintain..

D
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:41 pm

Sounds like my first yellow card,,,,but it was just an observation/question nothing more.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:45 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Sounds like my first yellow card,,,,but it was just an observation/question nothing more.

There is a perfect reason why I should post under a pseudo name and hide my e-mail address. :wink:

There was nothing but an explanation meant in my response. 8) Keep it cool :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bubbly jock » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:49 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Sounds like my first yellow card,,,,but it was just an observation/question nothing more.

Aye and don't mention fitba there's a lot of delicate gutted souls oot there

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby GarySutherland » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:18 am

I don't usually list my email address publicly because the spammers use a technique called 'screen-scraping' to harvest these and target you for spam-mail, and I get enough of that already.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to General Chit Chat