The "banter" that sometimes exists in this forum

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

The "banter" that sometimes exists in this forum

Postby Malky » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:27 pm

I see Admin has deleted the thread where Neil, Bubbly Jock and Bochan Mor threw abuse at each other today.

The last time this happened an Acceptable Use Policy was brought in. I suggest the users concerned read this.

I hope a ban from these forums will be in order for the members concerned.

This forum has been a tremendous boost to the local area and I know of more and more people who use it to see what is happening locally. It is a great asset to the community. This has all happened because of one person -

One thing that Davie wants for this forum is for even more people to use it and most especially to post messages to it, and so add to it's diversity of topics. This will be difficult to do unless the style of "banter" that some members use changes.

To see ourselves as others see us

That quote was used in the deleted thread and should perhaps apply to all concerned with this.

I normally never take life very seriously but I really feel quite strongly about this. Therefore, although most people know who I am, for those that don't, I'm quite happy to put my name to it.

Malcolm McDonald
Beachmenach Farm
Tayinloan
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Scoop For Hoots » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:44 pm

Well said Malky,

There is banter, and there is abuse. As the guys from t.v's Chewin The Fat say in one of there sketches....... "you've taken that too far". Maybe a month's suspension might be an idea. I know I have been put off posting on this site because of some of not so Bubbly Jocks acidic comments. Gonnae Nae Dae That BJ. In fairness a lot of BJ's stuff is quite funny, but a lot of it is just plain nasty, and it is not as if he is prepared to ID him or herself. Maybe if he or her revealed his identity then he would be a little more gentle about what he says, and who he writes about.

Perhaps the best wise counsel is before pressing the "send" button on the keyboard, ask yersel whether you would be happy to say what you have written to someone's face. Especially when the anonymous poster is posting about a named or identifiable individual or company.

In the meantime Davie P., please keep up the good work. Don't let the garbage that appeared on your board earlier get you down. Your work is appreciated by the vast majority, and is doing much more good for Campbeltown and Kintyre than perhaps you realise.

Best regards,

Hoot.
The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person having the enterprise to do it.
Scoop For Hoots
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

neil

Postby bubbly jock » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:13 pm

Anyone coming on here now would get the impression that the debate was all one one sided. No mention of Neils language or the fact that he was abusive.

I don't disagree with admin's right to pull off what he wants but if the debate is to continue with inuendo and accusations from Malky and scoot on the public forum then it is nothing less than a witchhunt with these two one sided opinions.

Reasoned argument and conclusions can only be decided when all facts are transparent.

Therefore I object to Malky waxing lyrical when there is no defence allowed or available to those he accuses. He admitted earlier on that he could not follow the line of the thread. So how can he be so annoyed when he only has half a story??

The case for the defence has been tampered with M'lord

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby Malky » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:22 pm

Oh sorry Bubbly, let me make it clear - I was talking about all of the people concerned.

I just re-read my post to make sure I hadn't missed anyone out. :?

Malky
Last edited by Malky on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Scoop For Hoots » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:23 pm

Exhibit A m'Lord.

Bubbly Jock's acidic humour and innuendo. I am NOT a "scoot".

Regards,

Hoot.
The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person having the enterprise to do it.
Scoop For Hoots
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bubbly jock » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:32 pm

Malky wrote:Oh sorry Bubbly, let me make it clear - I was talking about all of the people concerned.

I just re-read my post to make sure I hadn't missed anyone out. :?

Malky

Juat my point Malky, No evidence to sustantiate anything you say. From the ouside looking in, what are you answering? At least you can read what you wrote, I can't. :(

I rest my case. Without evidence I am claiming a mis-trial and from this wee posting on "I am taking the Fifth" and will not be answering Scoot the Hoops either.

For anyone who doesn't know me I am

Mr Bubbly Jock
The Henhouse
Turkey Junction
Bernard Mathews Way
TRUMPTON

bubbly

In the words of Moto Singh "I love you all"
bubbly jock

Re: neil

Postby Admin3 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:55 pm

I actually moved the thread to an area where it can't be seen by the public so I can quote from it etc if I want to....

Ach I cannae be bothered - I am just going to move this before it all gets out of hand too!

Personally, I like the banter, but sometimes it is very petty and the main objective of the board is to bring news to people and discuss issues.

Neil's original post was a good one about Music which we may not all be interested in but it doesn't mean it has to be sabotaged! And that is what is putting people off.

On another note - I find my time is taken up more and more with this board when I could be doing more constructive work on the site :shock:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malky » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:10 am

Why don't you just lock this thread Admin, instead of moving it? I'm thinking some things need to be seen on the forum.

I also think the banter is fine in its place and between those that wish to take part in it but many don't and I'm certain that is putting people off posting.

Just MHO :)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:13 am

Admin phoned me for the key....locked :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to General Chit Chat