Save the turkey (and others)

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Save the turkey (and others)

Postby oorly gourlay » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Bubbly jock must be getting really worried, not only are Christmas and the avian flu closing in, now he and one or two others have the mind police closing in on them. One of the main attractions of this site to many is Bubbly's caustic, cynical and sardonic comments that generally ring true and often deflate one or two egos that seem to be associated through the Admin team. I doubt very much if his posts stop anyone from posting and I would suggest that he should be given his own page to comment on all the twee and nicey nicey posts that Admin appear to prefer.
My interpretation of a forum and I'm probably wrong, is that it is a place of public discussion and debate and not a place where debate is fine as long as it suits the censors! Russia no more, China no more but I suppose there is still North Korea!
Anyway, rant over and more power to your quills Bubbly and if you ever need more ink, give me a shout.

oorly (same clan as Malky)(and definitely not Bubbly)
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jaywalker » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:39 pm

This is starting to get a bit boring now.. From what I read on the deleted thread, Neil,Bochan Mor and Bubbly were ALL over the top.. There is never any need for foul language or abusive posting on a public forum... Now it seems Oorly and The Wetman are having a dig at the admin folk for reasons I cant quite figure out... I think most folk enjoy the banter and even most of the Mick-taking that goes on, but there have to be limits.. It is a shame that there is need for the Acceptable Use Policy (if people only acted like adults it wouldnt be needed)..As for whether or not this stops people posting, I dont know but it has been very quiet on here since this kicked off..
jaywalker
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Jeanette » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:24 pm

Jaywalker

I read all the postings yesterday and now they are gone it is unfair to make a decision if you did not see all the thread. ( I apologise if you did read it all)

Admin took the decision to pull this off and they have the final say.

I am not on here to defend anyone but if you read it I would be curious as to what Bubbly and Bochan mor said that would be classed as offensive or foul. I caught a glimpse of the PM that Neil sent Bubbly when the bird put it on for about five minutes and then it was removed?!

I found Neils language disgusting and certainly over the top. As you say the site has been quiet since yesterday but I usually find that happens anyway at the week-end with or without bochans and birds.

I would suggest unless the whole thread from yesterday is put on for everyone to see, even for a short time, then the subject should be closed but that is just my opinon and there are over 400 members who may feel differently

jeanette
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Thewetman » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:43 pm

Jaywalker, Am no havin a go, its a discussion forum is it not? an a constructive suggestions an discussion on how it could operate better is what mod2 suggests.

Thon folk concerned in the deleted thread were over the top, I attempted to calm the tone, any mod could have done likewise, but considerin them concerned are all adults, it wuzni that outragous - ye can hear an see worse behaviour on tv any evening before the watershed. Ah’ve heard much worse in the pub an am sure youz all huv too.

A suggestion aboot the rools, there are moderators on this forum who have broken them, rools need to be applied consistantly or they are more trouble than they're worth.
The sky meets the land on the horizon, I was told this by a sparrow with a bump on its head
Thewetman
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Save the turkey (and others)

Postby Malky » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:51 am

oorly gourlay wrote:... and not a place where debate is fine as long as it suits the censors!

To be fair, I think they're trying to moderate.
I'm just worried that Davie might think the board is not worth the hassle and just pull it. :cry:

oorly gourlay wrote:oorly (same clan as Malky)

Gaun yerself 8) :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Fergaltoo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:16 pm

I was wondering if the "conversation" of the deleted music thread had taken place at a bus stop or the pub or cafe would it have got as heavy for the folk involved? I was looking forward to a bit of chat about the reminders that music brings us. I think if the thread had started off mentioning a Rolling Stones song or an AC / Dc song or anything but Aha it probably would have went a different way? I like the Aha song in question, I like eighties pop culture it brings back a lot of happy memoies of being stood up and shot down. In fact I went out and bought the soundtrack CD to Flashdance at the weekend prompted by that thread! I know if and when I mention this fact to my buddies they'll laugh me out of town. Sometimes I think written banter doesn't come across as it is intended and similar real converstions could be funny and entertaining, I admit i found some of that thread funny but I wasn't at the receiving end of it. One positive, it sent me way back to the eighties and to the shop to buy some eighties nostalgia....what a feeling.
Fergaltoo
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to General Chit Chat