A genuine question

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

A genuine question

Postby ChrisA » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:02 am

for the moderators of this board.

Is this board an attempt at an online community for the people of (and exiles of ) Kintyre, or .. is it an online open community, that happens to be based in kintyre? (Two totally different concepts).

When I first arrived here I assumed the latter. Now, well, I'm starting to feel a little alien around here.

I should stress that this is not a 'moan' as such, - at the end of the day, no-one invited me here - no,it's more of a realisation that posting around here can sometimes feel a little like 'trespassing'.

Neil mentioned it a few weeks ago, and I now know what he means.
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:24 am

I think it's supposed to be for anyone Chris, though the majority of users seem to have some connection with Kintyre which is only natural I guess.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bitter End » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:53 am

Me -thinks after you have visited the Wee Toon you will be as droll as the rest of us and no longer feel like ET !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Fergaltoo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:24 pm

I'm not a moderator but I'd like to contribute to this thread. I'm not from Kintyre but I like Kintyre and I'd like to go there more often if I could. Its obvious that a lot of folk know each other in this forum. I don't know anyone on here and I don't fully appreciate some of the threads however, there are a lot things discussed on here which do interest me. I live in a rural community that seems to be affected by similar issues like Kintyre. health care, housing for locals, development of old buildings, sustainable employment. I think there's a fairly decent, naturally occurring, balance of issues of local and wider significance.
Fergaltoo
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to General Chit Chat