The Bridal Path

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

The Bridal Path

Postby shaun c » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I came across this site whilst looking for some information about the film The Bridal Path, I have a strange question regarding the music to that film.
Kenneth Mckeller said once that he was trained in Gaelic verse by a Mrs Carson, she was involved in The Campbeltown Gaelic Choir at the time. That choir was responsible for the music in The Bridal Path, are they connected in any way , and can i get this music on C.D.?
shaun c
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby WC1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:49 pm

The composer Muir Mathieson was responsible for the music for 'The Bridal Path'. He worked on an amazing number of films between 1930 and about 1970 including work for the great Alexander Korda. He died in 1973. The actual recording of the Campbeltown Gaelic Choir's contribution was done in the Town Hall and was conducted by the late, great M G McCallum. You might get more info on www.uk.imdb.com or via the BFI (British Film Institute) website (don't know the url). I remember my father telling me that Kenneth McKellar worked for the Forestry Commission in Carradale before he became famous. Maybe that's where Mrs Carson comes into the picture?
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to General Chit Chat