The Visit - -

Welcome to the House of Fun- try our puzzles, questions and heid burstin teasers! Please add yours!

The Visit - -

Postby Bitter End » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:50 am

A Mother visits her son,John, for dinner. He lives with a girl flatmate.
During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty his flatmate,Sue was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she really started to wonder if there was more between John and Sue than met the eye . Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, we are just flatmates .
About a week later, Sue came to John saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver plate from the sideboard . You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

He said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to make sure."

He sat down and wrote :

Dear Mother,
I'm not saying that you 'did' take the silver plate from my flat, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the silver plate, but the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
Love,
John

Several days later, he received an email from his Mother which read:

Dear John,
I'm not saying that you DO sleep with Sue, and I'm not saying that you DO NOT sleep with Sue, but the fact remains that IF she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now, under her pillow…

All my Love,
Mom
xxxx
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to House of fun