Do you know who it is yet?

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Do you know who it is yet?

Postby Govangirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am

I was the one in the beginning on the Jimmy S case who was arguing that it was not about folk jumping on a bandwagon. I still wholly stand by that.

I believe it is the case with Rolf Harris. I have to admit that he is a much-admired, multi-talented, cultural icon of mine. I am absolutely gutted at the current news, unlike the other allegations. When he was arrested before, it was for allegations made by two 14/15-year old girls but since then, other teenagers have appeared. As huge payouts have already been made in the JS case, surely there has to be a bandwagon rolling somewhere that has to be stopped? This will be a trial by media for RH and I am unsure if he will even make it because that proverbial bandwagon is going to run him down. I feel very sad about it all and also about society in general.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Do you know who it is yet?

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 am

I was severely "jumped on"when I suggested this "bandwagon"but I feel that this may well be the case.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:37 am

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:I was severely "jumped on"when I suggested this "bandwagon"but I feel that this may well be the case.

:roll: Did you read my first line?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:48 am

Yes I did. :roll: :roll: (Have two).Surely your post now shows that there should have been some initial cynicism surrounding allegations of this type?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm

No
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Guess his dog must have made those indecent images then!Your sounding like Jackson fans now,"our hero would never do that" yea right. Whats the problem some people are pervs,they get caught out,they pay for their misdemeanour's.Suggesting they were asking for it is reprehensible.I reiterate,its not that easy to get compo,you have to prove something happened,not just roll up and put in your claim.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Govangirl wrote:I was the one in the beginning on the Jimmy S case who was arguing that it was not about folk jumping on a bandwagon. I still wholly stand by that.

I believe it is the case with Rolf Harris. I have to admit that he is a much-admired, multi-talented, cultural icon of mine. I am absolutely gutted at the current news, unlike the other allegations. When he was arrested before, it was for allegations made by two 14/15-year old girls but since then, other teenagers have appeared. As huge payouts have already been made in the JS case, surely there has to be a bandwagon rolling somewhere that has to be stopped? This will be a trial by media for RH and I am unsure if he will even make it because that proverbial bandwagon is going to run him down. I feel very sad about it all and also about society in general.

Nope trial by a court of law,and judgement by a jury i belive,whats the problem?Are you saying he did not do it coz he loves animals and wobbles a board?
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Four Eyes, I'm not saying he didn't do it or he did!!!!!!! I'm sorry for the fact that one person I've always admired - a man with many, many talents - is another one. All those things I loved as a young yin - Glitter, Jim'll Fix It, Rolf, It's a Knockout and God knows what or who else - they have all been tarnished. Human nature and trust takes a further knock. I'm not going to say now that I never liked Rolf Harris, I have admired him for years. And regardless of what you say there WILL be trial by media before he even receives his summons.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:41 pm

He is already charged,trials in September.The jury will decide.Not the papers.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 ... on-yewtree
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Current Affairs