A Salmond to stand as an MP in next years general election

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

A Salmond to stand as an MP in next years general election

Postby Bobh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:10 pm

This will be interesting. If he succeds, and if there's another coalition, will he possibly be the next deputy prime minister?
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: A Salmond to stand as an MP in next years general electi

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Yes I suppose he may, Westminster is such a mire - full of Machiavellian backstabbers... it puts one off this particular system. It goes without question, that the best interest of a very few relatively small number of people, hold sway over the rest of us. So why put up with a thing, when it's clearly not fit for purpose.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: A Salmond to stand as an MP in next years general electi

Postby Hume » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Lots of variables to sort out before then, like if he gets elected and whether the SNP make significant gains but if the SNP were to be influential at Westminster, I would rather see him as Sec of State for Scotland than DPM. I cannot see what he would have to gain from being DPM in a system he openly does not want to be part of. Can you imagine the accusations of being a hypocrite he would receive.

Someone who would put Scotland first for a change.

I'm not sure how workable a Labour & SNP coalition would be though if the SNP continued to abstain on English only matters.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Current Affairs