X Factor

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

X Factor

Postby Surfbored » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:53 pm

I bet a lot of people on here are addicted to X Factor and latterly Pop Idol etc.

I want to rant about that.

Firstly, 99.9% of the people on it are sh**e

Karaoke obviously has a lot to answer for. What's going on? Suddenly mere mortals are convinced they are immense in the talent department.

FACT - what sounds good in a pub/club with 20 beers down your neck IS NOT talent.

Secondly. Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh & SHARON !!!! are prolly all approaching OR the wrong side of 50.

Granted, they have some experience of the music industry. BUT !!!!

Hasn't music always been about teenagers, and teen angst and teenage rebelling against the system ?

If you want some fairly ordinary people, who can't really sing, but TRY to sound like ...(choose from list) Westlife, Girls Aloud ..Beyonce, etc etc .... TUNE IN to X Factor.

Me, myself & I personally think that a bunch of total old fogeys who know hee haw about performing (behind every struggling artist is a rich manager) are encouraging a generation of bad karaoke singers with a burning desire to be famous ( and hee haw talent to back it up) have the general public (who prolly arent teenagers rebelling against the world anymore) hooked.

FFS, If my parents had understood the music I liked as a teenager, I would have smashed every bit of music I owned up on the spot.

How dare these old BAS***DS meddle with our teenage psyche !!!

To Summise for the hard of understanding ( Bobbie en Tejas)

1) 99.9% of bad karaoke singers are on that show

2) how dare 3 people who are 50 odds or over be the judge of what teenagers want to hear

X Factor is nothing but dumb tv, in fact its so dumb it's a really successful franchise. The media types love a good franchise, so little work for so much reward. And lots of dumb people vegging out on the sofa of life.
Last edited by Surfbored on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wasn't so easily patronised when I was your age ...
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:05 pm

i agree with most of that
but its a bit elitist to say that music is only aimed at teenagers
i get what u mean but cant say i agree with that

overall though x factor is pish
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:18 pm

Let me clarify

There are many discerning people out there who know what they like.:_ this is not in question.

(Music lovers of the world ...lets all have a big group hug and pat ourselves on the back)

What this concerns is/are people who know (feck all) about music, trying to influence popular culture (much to the bejoyment of their respective bank managers).

Get Simon Cowell, Louis Wash and SHARON !!! to f3ck. Get all these boy bands , crappo bands, rubbish bands, and hey look at me, I'm still a shexxy teenager and you want to ....want to want ........... kinda people out of the picture.

Lets get good music back on the agenda, old farts off the agenda ....and let the law of the jungle re-commence ie. if you are good, we will love you.
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm

haha surfbored.. I only understand coherent thought.. I have a problem with the other stuff :lol: :lol:

There will always be people who have great taste in music. Probably the people who will make the most money in the music industry are the ones who pander to the people with the most lack of taste. Remember when karaoke seemed like the most ridiculous thing? People actually singing badly in bars to prerecorded music. Look at the people making money off of people who are playing air guitar!! No musical ability necessary. Just look really hot, make the right facial distortions, and wa la (can't ever remember how to spell that)...
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:48 pm

Horse ALMOST agreed with me

.... I rest my case
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:05 pm

deleted due to apathy on my part
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby peenkles21 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:02 pm

x-factor is pish
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Yeah!

Postby Annie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Go Pinkles, I have to agree with you!

I thought it was much more interesting when they were doing the search, but now it is BORING!!!!!!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby erchiepeenkles » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:11 pm

true peenkles, x factor is a dose of sh1te!!
erchiepeenkles
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Try Here!

Postby Whips & Jingles » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:38 pm

Hey you guys, if you're looking to listen to something a little different, try this player on the web.

http://www.triptychfestival.com/player/ ... st_id=1001
Whips & Jingles
Whips & Jingles
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

X FACTOR

Postby bill » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:46 pm

Sometimes I think people forget that there is an OFF button on every T.V.
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Current Affairs