The Rat Stane

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:32 am

Did a walk last summer, with my, then, six year old daughter, round the shore from Macharioch to the Argyll Hotel in Southend :wink: , and must have passed the stane on the way. I would have put in my tuppence worth had I known it was there. I sometimes feel almost embarrassed by my lack of knowledge of points of local interest. Am I alone in my ignorance of the Rat Stane???
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby chrisduffy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi Rab,
You would certainly have passed it, but it doesn't particularly stand out if you aren't looking for it. It is Between the track leading up to Pennyseorach and a small stream. If you were walking the beach you would have passed in front of it.
By the way, I believe any money left in it in the future will end up in the coffers of the 'Toon Lifeboat. :)
chrisduffy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:12 pm

Cheers Chris,

will look out for it the next time I'm down...........and contribute, especially if for the RNLI, although I don't have a problem wishing all Soothen' fermers a fertile year as well.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local History and Discussion