The Faces of Argyll Colliery. Call for participants

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

The Faces of Argyll Colliery. Call for participants

Postby nimps » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 am

Just to let folks know that, following on from The Road to Drumleman film project, I have started a series of portraits/drawings of people who worked at Argyll Colliery, Machrihanish. These will form a body of work for an exhibition and will be a tribute to the workers. My intention is not only to include the men who contributed to The Road to Drumleman but also want to involve anyone who was too shy to participate or who simply slipped through the net because I had so little in the way of resources for the film project. If there is any who wishes to be portrayed/included or if you know someone who may be interested please contact me. You can do so via The Road to Drumleman Facebook page or via email: jan@jannimmo.com You can also see the drawings as they progress on the Facebook page and on my blog, Travels with Chaparro and other stories. Many thanks!
nimps
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: The Faces of Argyll Colliery. Call for participants

Postby nimps » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

THe progress of the portraits can be viewed here: The Faces of Argyll Colliery -https://www.flickr.com/photos/jannimmo/sets/72157646959111624/
nimps
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local History and Discussion