Congratulations to organisers

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Congratulations to organisers

Postby Tarbert Mags » Thu May 25, 2006 8:40 am

Have just joined the Forum and have been reading all the comments leading up to the race on Sunday. I just wanted to say that I hadn't appreciated all of the work involved in staging an event like this and thought the organisers should get congratulations for all of their efforts. A race like this is great for the area and the level of entries is brilliant.

I will be home in Tarbert for the long weekend and am looking forward to the 10k on Sunday. The half marathon route sounds great, especially the Westport bit, but I'm not quite up to that distance at the moment!

I'm a Jog Leader with a Jog Scotland group in North Lanarkshire and am hoping to go back up the road with good reports to persuade them all to come along next year. I'm sure a girlie weekend in the wee toon would be interesting!

Look forward to meeting you all on Sunday and hope the races go really well. With any luck the infamous Kintyre weather will behave itself on the day.
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun May 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Congrtualtions indeed to all - superb event!

Just back in and have loads of photos and I am sure there are more out there - will post early this week.

Have to say the event was extremely well organised and anyone I spoke to after had a great time!

Well Done!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Sun May 28, 2006 3:53 pm

Well done to all the organisers. :D :D

Great day and super support from all the marshalls and spectators on the way.

Great to see so many people about on a Sunday morning. :D

Hope you are going to join in next year MumphysMum.....
:P

WELL DONE
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Wired 2 The Moon » Sun May 28, 2006 5:58 pm

Well done to the organisers from kintyre shinty. WHAT A DAY!!!
The Sandwiches & Tea were amazing after the run. The whole shinty team dug right into them :lol:
Thanks For a great day.

Kintyre Youth Shinty Team
Wired 2 The Moon
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 28, 2006 6:53 pm

I was chatting to Mumphy's Mum before the race and she assures me she will be running next year!! 8)
Didn't see you though Amron.......well, maybe I did :?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Sun May 28, 2006 7:52 pm

Yip I was there 4th Gen........
I did ask my cous to enter but she thought that we were running, we will run next year.
I was happy to walk. :D

The walkers I was with did have a wee chat with Mrs 4th Gen at High St Post Office 8)
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 29, 2006 1:12 am

Just back in from the Argyll--great night and what a day.

Managed a 1 hour 44 mins which was OK, but my co-runners Charlie Dott and Hector McMurchy did a lot better. Thanks to all who organised this event--you should be proud---it was a massive success.

There's a story in here about Mount Kilimanjaro, Hendrie Barbour, and the lassie that ran by me an' Charlie on the Moss Road, but I've told it too many times times tonight. Was I the only one to notice Katie Derham, the ITV newsreader, in Hendrie's company.

Well done to you all

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MumphysMum » Mon May 29, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi guys, I've just got back home to MK, but just wanted to say that I'm glad I was in the town for the weekend to see the race. It looked as though a lot of organisation went into it, everything looked like it all went to plan. I'll download my photos soon and email the one I took of you Amron (4th Gen... she definitely was there!). I look forward to joining in next year, but I'll be at the back with the walkers! See you in July, I'm next up the weekend that the airshow is on!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby amron » Mon May 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Hi Mumphys mum.
Walking at the back :?:
we including you are going to run next year :D hopefully.
You can get training down there in Milton Keynes get you hubby and your brother out. :shock: :shock:

It was a surprise to see you cheering on as I thought you had left when I only saw your old pa at the window. 8)

Anyway you only need to send me you photo. Davie has embarrased me enough :oops: :oops:
See you July
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Tarbert Mags » Tue May 30, 2006 8:51 am

Back up in sunny Glasgow now. Had a great time on Sunday at the 10k - event was excellent - first time I've ever been 43rd in a race, despite the Campbeltown wind. I know Marie who was first lady home in the half marathon so I'm sure that between us we can round up some numbers from the big toon for next year.

Well done again to Tom and his fellow organisers. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos.

Have to say that one of the best bits was those danish pastries at the end........mmmm!
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Moyster » Tue May 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Hi All,

We would just like to put a vote of thanks to the organisers for the great week-end that we had with the 10K run. The wife was out at the pasta night, ran the 10k and she took me to the ceilidh on Sunday night and had a great time. I shall now hopefully see her during the week as the past 12ish weeks she been training hard and have forgotten what she looks like!!!

Well done once again, roll on next yr.

The Moyster :wink:
Moyster
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby MumphysMum » Tue May 30, 2006 11:00 pm

amron, I've got a dodgy knee ('tis my age) but I've now started taking two omega 3 types tablets a day so let's see how it goes, I can walk quite fast, so I'll race you next year!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 30, 2006 11:03 pm

Moyster - I would have thought most men are quite distraught now that the mok run is over.

Their peace and quiet shattered!! :wink: :wink:

So was tonight the start of the training for you for next year?

There is a real buzz about after Sunday - everyone I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to the next one!
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Tue May 30, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 30, 2006 11:07 pm

Just incase you still don't know what she looks like.. :wink:

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Moyster » Tue May 30, 2006 11:17 pm

mmm... NOW WHICH ONE WILL i CHOOSE? :?

Everyone looking happy, that shows how good atmosphere was, when running and still happy!! :D

Great photo, cant wait to see the rest.
Moyster
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run