MOKRUN 2007 - Sunday 27th May

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

MOKRUN 2007 - Sunday 27th May

Postby Tom B » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:01 pm

Met up with the MOKRUN team this morning to debrief on 2006, and start to make plans for 2007....!

Plan to have a 10k and half-marathon again, and to keep the routes pretty much the same if we can, unless there are any good reasons to change..?

Planning for Sunday 27th May

Thanks
Last edited by Tom B on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:31 pm

Excellent news :D :D

Might try to run it next year, no excuses now.

Really enjoyed it this year.
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Tom,
after the success of this year's event, this is great news. What's the chance of you boys participating next year? Probably haven't said before, but it was really nice to see all you Barbour boys again.Does John remember the "Uphill Harriers" at Lochgilphead 10K many years ago, must have been round about '88 or '89. We took the team event, running times that I didn't believe we could run, and I think that Mr Barbour wasn't far behind the winner with masel chasin' him again. Good times indeed (Really good times if memory serves me well). Can't praise the MOKRUN Committee highly enough. Hendrie looked like a jockey's whip--Deborah Kols story about how she found oot about this race is the best I've ever heard

Have made an old man feel sprightly again--- as Homer thinks-------serious training = good time, but Beer = good time as well!!!!!!!!!Doh!!

Think the date change is a good thing, personally, but who am I to talk.

Nine months and counting (knee willing!)

If you need any help, PM me ( but I want to run :oops: :oops: :oops: )
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MumphysMum » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:45 pm

I'll put the date in my diary now! Come on, Amron, let's get some training in!!!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby johnbarbour » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Robert,

I remember that Lochgilphead 10k race, wish I was half as fit now as then! Regarding the committee running in next year's event, hopefully a couple of us at least will be able to - if I do it though I'd need to do some serious training, did a 6 mile run with John G the other night which reminded me how out of condition I've got - brother H is the fit one at the moment as you pointed out.

We'll no doubt take you up too on that offer of help!!

Good to hear the positive responses so far about next year, time to get training!
johnbarbour
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Yes - excellent news and I promise to take part next year! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 am

Does that mean your taking the photo's again p, same as this year, or are you living the dream. :?:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:54 am

I might take part myself next year ( are there paramedics every hundred yards???) and even if i do colapse in a heap, the thought of collecting a bottle of Campbeltowns Finest should speed up the recovery somewhat..

I'll start by doing my first 50m training session tonight.. and if i add a metre a day i may have enough stamina to at least run out of site of the spectators before crumpling in that obligatory heap..
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby sarahmcfadz » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:56 am

Hi, I really enjoyed taking part in the MOK 10K this year and have managed to keep my running up :shock: , unfortunatly as I work off shore I will miss next years if its on 6th May as I'm at wotk :( :( , however :idea: maybe if it was nearer the end of May we would be more likley to get a nice day, say 20th or 27th? (purely selfish reasons) - just a thought. :D :) .
sarahmcfadz
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Anybody starting to train?

Postby amron » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:19 pm

I took part in the 10k this year and really enjoyed it but I would really like to run it next year.
Is there anybody else out there who would like to run it as well but keep putting it off?
Don't want to go out on their own etc..........
I feel I would be more motivated and committed if I was running with people rather than on my own
If there are any females who wants to start now and wants some company give me a PM.

MumphysMum pity you weren't closer you could have been my training partner. :D :D
Are you going to take part next year? :wink:
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: MOKRUN 2007 - Sunday 6th May??

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Tom Barbour wrote:Monday 7th May is a holiday in Campbeltown

Hi Tom - is this a holiday for most outside Campbeltown too? I seem to think we are off that Monday so it means there will be alot of places outside Campbeltown off too. Which will obviously be good in trying to encourage people to the town.

Good to hear you are going for it again
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Can confirm that the local schools are off on the 8th May which is better for me as we don't get the late May bank holiday.
I reckon most people get May Day :D :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:32 pm

amron wrote:Can confirm that the local schools are off on the 8th May which is better for me as we don't get the late May bank holiday.
I reckon most people get May Day :D :D

Aha true - just threw me when it mentioned to be a Campbeltown holiday. Christ - wishing my life away here!

PS - Ninja - I'll be there this time without the camera!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:38 pm

Well P. I reckon if you can do it then so could I, maybe its time i started increasing the speed oh the tread mill, or maybe get a few tips from 4th gen, I might just make it my next years target.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Well P. I reckon if you can do it then so could I....

There you are now - inspirational to you, am I :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run