Rab McD.....

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Rab McD.....

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon May 28, 2007 9:51 pm

At least you can tell your grand children you led the great Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon once.....albeit for sixty yards!

Look at wee Hec flying already and good to see the return of Donald Campbell from Campbeltown on the far right who many will remember as one of the finest runners to come from the town
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby in command » Mon May 28, 2007 10:30 pm

Davie the guy on left is an ex toonie policeman Richard Barrie who had just finnished a 12hr nightshift before travelling down for the race. 'That's devotin for you' as the advert used to say. Well done big man. :wink:
in command
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sweltered » Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 am

Thought that was Donald Campbell, when I saw the pic. Haven't seen him in over 20 years.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:43 pm

yeah good to see donald there, i was in his year at school, thot it funny he didna come back for it last year, he obviously couldna keep away this year, great to see you again donald.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Rab McD.....

Postby John A » Tue May 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Davie P wrote:

Why is Hectors number bigger than the rest? Was that so that I could see him from a distance whe he was aproaching the finish line :lol:
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue May 29, 2007 7:08 pm

You did awrite big john, you must have a hoora big brain to remember all them wee individuals comment you made, when nearly every runner crossed the line, 4th gen said it was because you never work much, and Carole has been teaching you how to increase this size of your memory for event such as these. I say you done damn good, for a fermer that is . :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue May 29, 2007 7:25 pm

Och .... noo Ninja, be nice!!!!
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Rab McD.....

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm

John A wrote:
Davie P wrote:

Why is Hectors number bigger than the rest? Was that so that I could see him from a distance whe he was aproaching the finish line :lol:

If Hector had a normal sized number NOBODY would be able to read it as he runs that fast! it was specially made for him!

You might also notice regular visitor to the area Harry Gaughan from Neilston , he is to the extreme right of the picture with a blue vest and blonde hair.
He asked his business contacts to sponsor him to raise funds for his children's school funds (Drumlemble) hoping to raise a few hundred pounds but instead raised over............................... £7000!!

He presented it yesterday in a very interesting , imaginative and funny manner....good on you Harry.

Yet another good news story to come out of this years event.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run