Jogscot girls just wanna have fun

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Jogscot girls just wanna have fun

Postby Ags » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:43 pm

Major details to follow - we did it and we're home.............well I am - the rest of them are in the pub :cry: :cry: but my halo is sparkling!! Major tales to follow tomorrow but Fiona 28 was an absolute star in that mini bus - although had we continued into the carpark we were advised to park in it would have been a mini bus convertible!! :D :D :lol: The girls had fun - watch this space :D :) 8) :lol: :P oh and for you pro's Pans Lass had a PB after a very restless night with no none zilch nada nane wine :D :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:38 am

go ags cant wait to relive the details.

donald did you hear us tooootttting as we passed your home - hope we didnt waked violet. :?
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Laughing Fiona :lol: :lol: Pans Lass going to post the diary but after editing I'm not sure there's much we can say in public :D :D . Pans has had to go away for a few days but is planning to do it tomorrow I think and I pm'd the lovely forum main man (grovel grovel) and he is going to post the pics for us since I can't cope with this photobucket thing!! Think we can pay him with beer and a special invite to the"JOGSCOTLAND CHRISTMAS DO"!!
1ST DECEMBER 2007 for the firstever JOGSCOTLAND CHRSTMAS NIGHT OOT - please PM me if you are interested to give us a rough idea of numbers - venue almost decided but not quite 8)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting the diary girls but its been a long day for me and I am tired tonight so looks like I will be keeping everyone in suspense for yet another night. :roll: :roll:

Think the post race tiredness is catching up considering the lack of sleep I had over the weekend. :lol: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:29 pm

Don't worry - same here PL - I should have just done it last night but I can't do "no sleep" anymore!! We should have partied all night long and I bet we wouldn't feel this bad!! We didn't sneak out after the curfew girls - honest - you saw us head upstairs :lol: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 pm

You right Ags ...thats what we get for going to bed at 9pm and not being able to sleep. Off early to bed now as my eyelids sore tonight. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:12 pm

im beginning to wonder with u 2 - first away to bed - it sounds like a plan of escape to the night clubs to me :D

did they or didnt they - who will ever know - i reckon we'd need photographic evidence :lol: :?
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Maybe they are getting their beauty sleep for the calendar shoot?? :lol: :oops:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:11 pm

gon yersel caro almost forgot about the calendar us Jogscotland girls are going to compile!!!

watch this space boys :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 am

Sorry for the long delay in posting this but it's a long one and I am now just getting the time to post it....I am sure it's been worth the wait. :lol:

Memories are made of this ........JogScotland Diary Great Scottish 10k Run

Saturday 1st September '07

11am Here we go here we go.....no we cant. First problem encountered...we dont know how to get the mini bus door open. :? :? You really had to be there to witness it . :lol: :lol: After about 15 mins we managed to figure it out and we are off..well not yet.

Caro kindly made us a big poster for the back window ' JogScotland Wee Toon.' Can see who's the teacher in the group.

11.20am Fiona28 finds her bearings and we are finally off .
11.23am Near collision with white van..First episode of road rage from Edie McCreadie. :lol:
11.30am Just passing Westport..feels like its going to be a long journey. :)
11.33am Edie McCreadie negotiates her first overtake. Well done 8) Phew ..made it.
11.40am Passing DJD hoose....toot toot went the big yellow bus.
11.45am All got achy jaws from laughing so much
11.46am One handed wheelie as fiona28 shows us her new toning routine. . :lol:
11.47am Just passing Ronachan....it was suggested to drop Ags and Panslass off. :lol: :lol:
12noon An hour into the journey and we are asking Fiona28 to get her pilots licence to take us all over to the Dublin 10k race next year.
12.09pm DJD's song now blasting !! Who need vodka 4th gen . Singing under way and we have had nae bevvy...Zero, Zilch, nil, nada NANE . :D :D
12.10pm Arriving in Tarbert...oops nearly knocked doon a wee pensioner crossing the road.
12.30pm Panslass calls local radio..takes DJ off air and request's a song . 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' .
Friends of Dorothy kindly plays it for us and says a few kind but cheeky words about us on air. :oops:
1.05pm Inverary..talent at last as fiona28 toots at some rather handsome walkers in shorts drinking beer. Caro eyes popping oot her heed. :lol:
1.40pm Hit our first pothole. Fiona28 managed to miss all the others. :lol:
1.45pm First photo shoot and 'P' stop at Tarbet. Panslass managed to find someone (male of course) to take our picture..caused a domestic later on but thats another story... :lol: Watch oot for that JogScotland calender.
1.55pm Contemplating how fiona28 will manoeuvre the big yella bus oot off Tarbet carpark. Nae bother to Edie McCreadie ...was it the handsome Geordies that did the trick. 8) 8)
3pm First stall...so not bad considering this is Fiona28's first drive in the big yella bus. :lol: :shock:
3.01pm Lunch stop....saw the 'photo shoot' men again. Think they must be following us. PL just caused a domestic. :lol:
4pm Arrive almost at our destination ..in Glasgow City Centre. We made it or didnt ...more to follow as I need to go Ags waiting on me to go for that 4 miler this morning. Back soon. :) :o
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:39 pm

well done pans - you are going well doll :D

sitting here with my popcorn waitin on the next installment....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 pm

4pm Arrive at underground carpark near hotel...attempt to enter...will we fit or wont we :? realise bus too high ...oops . :shock: Almost transformed bus into a convertible.. :oops: Fantastic under pressure reverse on a very steep hill by the McCreadie wummin while Trudy held up the traffic. :shock:
4.30pm Checked into hotel by the lovely Darren who seemed to know PL and said he would keep an eye on room 329 ..nae wonder Ags and PL never sept a wink. :lol:
4.40pm Ags and PL sprint off to the shops before they close while the others relax in their rooms.
6pm Pasta dinner which Joan kindly arranged thru her daughter Debbie. Lovely pasta . Wine ...well did we or didn't we ...you guess. :D
9pm Back to hotel where fiona28 surprised us with lovely bright yellow Jog scotland Campbeltown t-shirt to match the yellow bus. You wont miss us tomorrow.

NIGHT NIGHT off to bed wee go.

Watch this space for more later.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:15 pm

Photos to follow soon...keeping you all in suspense. They are brilliant. Think we have that calendar in the making...... :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Hope you got plenty popcorn Fiona!! Well done PL you're doing good!! Giggling away at some bits i'd forgotten - like Darren hoho :lol: :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:13 pm

ags im that greedy i always finish the popcorn in the middle ofthe adverts :?

sorta childlike - got it must eat it, no keeping chocolate for weeks in the fridge for me im afraid :?

cant mind if trudy was directing the traffic with her good or bad arm???? :shock:

well done pans going gr8 :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run