Great Winter Run/Dublin

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby elainemck » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:19 am

Got my pack too and really excited now!! Did 3 1/2 miles tonight and doing the 3 mile red sock mile on Sunday, will need to get some longer distances in soon :)

Can't wait for a pint of guiness, can't believe I've got to wait til the afternoon for it now, 1.05 - that's pretty late!

My passport has still not arrived though... that's been 4 weeks, it must arrive soon!!!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:08 am

1.05pm is a later start than we are used to - we will be pacing the floor all morning!

An even quicker shower and change before our search for the ultimate Guinness! :? :? Sid's list of pasta places all sound good, (thanks Sid and Catherine - Happy 21st!!), so will let everyone see what they fancy.

Hope your passport arrives soon, Elaine - got mine within a fortnight so give them a call to chase it up. I think you will be okay with any photographic ID though.

Ice Blue - I am white 517. The wee surge of adrenaline was there when I opened the pack - and another team T-shirt too! :D
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 am

Just a quick helpfull hint for your meal on the Saturday night,booking the restaurant befor you get there will save you a lot of hassel if there is quite a number of you because a lot of people will have the same idea.,so l would book this week if was were you.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the ice maiden » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 am

If you lot are fit and able on the Sunday night, go to the Arlington Hotel- the bar is about the size of the victoria hall. Every Sunday night they have Irish dancers-well worth seeing. They also have traditional Irish music. Oh, and it's only 6euros for a pint of pear cider-not that I had many when I was there in February mmmmm! :D
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Got my race pack too number white 632 and they even supplied the four safety pins 8) . Liked the cool t-shirts too. We are going to be spoiled for choice now on what to wear when and where girls. :wink: Looks like our team strips will be here for the big day...got confirmation in the mail today.

its going to be a loooong morning waiting for the race to start but we can go along early and soak up the atmosphere. The good thing is we will not need to get up early and eat breakfast. Going to pack my instant porridge which will keep me fueled til then. :roll:

elainemck wrote:Can't wait for a pint of guiness, can't believe I've got to wait til the afternoon for it now, 1.05 - that's pretty late!

My passport has still not arrived though... that's been 4 weeks, it must arrive soon!!!

Though the same elainemck ...but we will enjoy it even more now. Hope the passport gets her but as i said as long as you have a photo ID you will be fine. See you tomorrow at the Sports Relief Mile . Good Luck...all your training will pay off.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Thanks for the tip DJD on booking the restraurant. I know Caro got list from Sid so we will get something booked this week.

Ice maiden ...I believe that is the place we are heading too on Sunday night. Not sure of the name but it sounds like the place our fiona28 is taking us too . 8)

3 weeks today and we will be flying to Dublin :shock: :D .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:38 pm

2 weeks to go girls and we will be in Dublin.......party begins 2 weeks from tomorrow after the race. :wink: :wink:

Looks like the new Jog Scotland running gear will be with us this week.

Ladies T shirts cost £15 Mens Vests £15 and shorts £10

So if you have ordered a t-shirt/ shorts can you please get the money to Fiona or Gail sometime this week or by next Monday at Jog Scotland . Thanks 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Good news girls/guys ..the new Jog Scotland running gear has just arrived ...looking good, so thats us all set for Dublin now. 8) :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Who do we owe for the t-shirts Pans Lass? Glad they are here! Didn't realise either that the Dublin run was so late! That will suit you fine - you will manage the scrambled egg and potato scone with plenty time for it to settle :lol: :wink:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Can you give my tshirt to caroline/julie/lindsay as I won't be there on Thursday. Sorry Thursdays just don't suit after combat, I always find it a struggle! I like my Monday, Wednesday and Friday jogs :)

Can't wait to go!!!

ps thank god my passport is here (been sitting at the post office for weeks, don't ask!)
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm

hey all, jogscotland has written a big cheque for the t-shirts so it would be appreciated if the money came in as soon as to me or any other jogleader so that i can get it into the bank :D

cant wait to see it :D 8) :D

our very own club running colours and only set up under a year ago - what a team we are 8)

big thank you to pans lass for taking the lead in this one and getting it all organised, a lot of time and effort went into that, i think we all owe her a wee wine once in Dublin, :wink: she'll b dancin on the stage of the Arlington Hotel for sure, jist wait till you c those irish boys dance, im telling you they can stamp their feet at me anyday :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:02 pm

fiona28 wrote:, :wink: she'll b dancin on the stage of the Arlington Hotel for sure, jist wait till you c those irish boys dance, im telling you they can stamp their feet at me anyday :wink:

Can't wait fiona28......I wonder who will take the lead on the dance floor. :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:50 pm

I am feeling very sorry for myself as I have a bad cold and have been off work - haven't had a proper run in a couple of weeks what with one thing and another so mild panic is starting to set in!! :cry: :cry: Yes - I am looking for the sympathy vote!

Thought I had better get you all up to speed on the food issue - the 'drinking club that runs' need to line their stomachs :oops:

If anyone gets the chance to look there is an Italian restaurant actually in the Castleknock area called Trentuno's which seems fairly reasonable and would save us heading into Dublin on both the Sat and Sun nights - incase anyone gets carried away with their jigging and sprains an ankle! :oops:

Let me know what you think and I can make a booking for us as soon as poss.
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather Caro....dont worry the drinking club with the running problem will keep you going on the day. :lol: :wink:

Thanks for looking into places to eat for the Saturday night....the Italian place sounds good to me. Best to get something booked soon. As for the Sunday night i believe we are eating at the Arlington place fiona suggested as it seemingly has a good buffet service plus Irish male dancers for the evening. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 pm

och caro what a shame, i mind i tried the sympathy vote with djd one time and was promptly told "you can run fine with a head cold" :D

i think you've got more than a head cold mind u :cry:

i would just book the italian if thats okay with you, folk arent going to be too fussed and will just be pleased to have someone else do the organising - as long as its pasta and nae, nana, zilch, zero wine we'll be okay :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run