THE CRINAN CANAL 9 (nine miles of innocent beauty)

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby elainemck » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:45 pm

Excellent, thanks Claire.

What a busy month May will be!!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rabidcabbage » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Applications ready. Email organiser for copy. :D
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby iceblue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Got an application e-mailed to me yesterday ..... and mine's filled in already :wink:
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:33 am

got mine printed out iceblue, just need to find time to fill it in, better do it quick tho cos only 150 entrants. :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Got an e-mail from the organiser today to advise that the race has been postponed until a later date, probably October :(

Maybe that's a good thing as May was getting rather congested with races :wink:
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby rabidcabbage » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Alec tried to get into the forum earlier but had difficulty. I have posted his race postponement below.

I'm currently at my friends house in the Czech Republic and was just picking up my mail. I'm in a wee village, Sezemice, about an hour from Prague. In was demolishing Col's chicken run today in preparation to build a new one. What a bonfire we had. The food isn't condusive to good training. Last night at the pub (still allowed to smoke out here and its stinkingly oppressive) a plate of bread, chutney and smoked pork fat was plonked on the table. There was not a slither of meat in the fat. Gave it a go but its not nice. Tasted ok but the texture. Blah!! High meat content in the diet. Can't complain though. Beer superb. Heading for Prague on Thursday and plan to run a bit while I'm there. I'm back Saturday and will need to get into some serious training. Heading for Tiree and Coll again soon after. Will get some resistance training in by running into the wind!

Managed to get a Garmin 305. Slight teething problems though. 1/ forget to put it on my wrist making it the worlds most expensive bedside clock 2/ remember to put it on my wrist and set off before satellites have locked in making it the worlds most expensive stopwatch 3/ forget to switch it on making it and its master both bloody useless.

I hope everyone is well and the xmas new year illnesses most folk seemed to have are behind them

Regards and see you on the Canal in October

Rabid C

Firstly, we would like to thank all of you for the interest which you have shown in our event which has just grown and grown…..

The Crinan Canal 9 is the first event of its type we had planned for Crinan. To be totally honest having got so far down the line we never realised just how much required to be done to make the event a success!

A lot has been done with the help of the Police, Argyll & Bute Council, Red Cross and many more, we have obtained some of the medals and goodie bag items, but having checked what still needs to be done the date of May 2008 was far too optimistic.

Rather than create an event which does not match expectations we have decided to take the painful decision and postpone it till a later date, probably in October 08.

We are conscious payments have been made and would prefer to refund these rather than hold on to funds pending the revised date. Cheques held but not banked will be returned and those cashed will be sent a full refund as will those who paid by credit card.

In closing we are really sorry about this but hope that you will help us make it a memorable event in October.

One of the key areas where we require help is the provision of Marshalls and support staff, any advice or contacts you may have would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alec Howie
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sid Gallagher » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:06 pm

It's a pity about the postponement but it will be just as good in October. It was ideally timed as a warm up for MOK run but never mind.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Weekend of 10/11 May

Postby Rob Reid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:01 pm

If you were all psyched up for the Crinan 9-miler, how about the Kintyre Way Relay on Sat 10th May.
Totally different terrain, and you need to form a team, but at least it's near home!
AND a ceilidh-dance in the evening.
Have a look at www.kintyrewayrelay.co.uk
Rob Reid
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run